ISO Used DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Kris

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m in the market for one of or something similar to:
Piranha P2
Sierra
Cuda 400 (ideally but I know everyone is looking for this one as well)
Sea craft Go! (Wishful)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

I have a Sierra that I may not keep around for my 13yo. It currently has a Smart-DPV controller, a Blacktip prop, and no battery. I have most of a PTB adapter made and I haven’t had the need to finish it. I honestly will probably keep it. That said, I really liked my Sierra. It had 90+minnof runtime with a Lipo battery, and is a solid scooter for many things. I have had it in Mine/cave dives with no flow, and I’ve ridden around my local dive lake countless times. BUT, and this is a big but, I now have a Cuda 400 with a Lithium Battery and it is night and day from the Sierra. It is fast and has a 3-4hr run time, and about double the thrust. If you are trying to get into Ginnie, for example, I’m not sure how well a Sierra would do in that situation. The Sierra is fun, but think about what you want to do with it. I haven’t used a Pirahna for any extended period of time. If you can find the Smart Slice you can run PTB batteries and theoretically travel with the P1 or P2. The original NiMh Cuda 400 battery could also be traveled with, but I don’t think it is straightforward. A buddy got grief in Cancun with the NiMh Cuda Battery.

I have a Sierra that I may not keep around for my 13yo. It currently has a Smart-DPV controller, a Blacktip prop, and no battery. I have most of a PTB adapter made and I haven’t had the need to finish it. I honestly will probably keep it. That said, I really liked my Sierra. It had 90+minnof runtime with a Lipo battery, and is a solid scooter for many things. I have had it in Mine/cave dives with no flow, and I’ve ridden around my local dive lake countless times. BUT, and this is a big but, I now have a Cuda 400 with a Lithium Battery and it is night and day from the Sierra. It is fast and has a 3-4hr run time, and about double the thrust. If you are trying to get into Ginnie, for example, I’m not sure how well a Sierra would do in that situation. The Sierra is fun, but think about what you want to do with it. I haven’t used a Pirahna for any extended period of time. If you can find the Smart Slice you can run PTB batteries and theoretically travel with the P1 or P2. The original NiMh Cuda 400 battery could also be traveled with, but I don’t think it is straightforward. A buddy got grief in Cancun with the NiMh Cuda Battery.
Good info, thanks. This is the type of feedback that in invaluable to me. So what I read is that you want to sell me your Cuda 400?! LOL JK. Would you take the P2 over the Sierra, in your opinion?

The P2 is the older tech scooter. Good depth rating, thrust, distance, it is a bit noise. I'd take it over the Sierra :)

Good info, thanks. This is the type of feedback that in invaluable to me. So what I read is that you want to sell me your Cuda 400?! LOL JK. Would you take the P2 over the Sierra, in your opinion?
Yes to the P2 over the Sierra. I guess everything is for sale for the right price. I just bought the Cuda because I couldn’t justify the price of the new DPVs.

Yes to the P2 over the Sierra. I guess everything is for sale for the right price. I just bought the Cuda because I couldn’t justify the price of the new DPVs.
C’mon… Cuda x?

Back
Top Bottom