Israel dive travel operator needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffdiver1

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeated message, I couldn't find my original post.

the situation is: I will be going to Israel in July- my schedule is in flux and I may have time to do a liveaboard (my preference to land based), if available but will probably only know once I get to Israel if I have the time (but I may know before). Does anybody have a good dive travel operator in Israel for going on Red Sea liveaboards? Preferably with a website- I'll need to rent all my equipment and arrange everything including travel to the sinai from Israel (Tel Aviv or Jerusalem).

Is there any issue about getting an Israeli stamp in my passport if I then want to travel to Egypt?

Thanks

The two biggest dive operations in Eilat are:

http://www.redseasports.co.il/

and

http://www.aqua-sport.com/

I think you could arrange everything through either of them. I know Aqua Sport has a dive shop just across the border in Taba, and they can get you across for day trip easily.

I will be going down there this weekend and am going to be looking into the exact question you are asking for myself. However, I am looking at going further south, but I will post whatever I learn.

How long will you be in Israel, and where? If you just want to do shore dives, Aqaba has some nice spots, and can easily be done on a weekend (its what I did last weekend).

As far as the Israeli stamp, if you don't need it don't get it. Just tell them when you come in not to stamp you passport, and it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm looking to go, if feasible, from Tel Aviv to Sharm, Hurghada or Marsa Ghaleb to catch a liveaboard so - hopefully someone to arrange this hence the need for a dive travel agency in Tel Aviv.

I'm not looking to dive Eilat, nor even go there this trip.

thanks.

djkpsu:
The two biggest dive operations in Eilat are:

http://www.redseasports.co.il/

and

http://www.aqua-sport.com/

I think you could arrange everything through either of them. I know Aqua Sport has a dive shop just across the border in Taba, and they can get you across for day trip easily.

I will be going down there this weekend and am going to be looking into the exact question you are asking for myself. However, I am looking at going further south, but I will post whatever I learn.

How long will you be in Israel, and where? If you just want to do shore dives, Aqaba has some nice spots, and can easily be done on a weekend (its what I did last weekend).

As far as the Israeli stamp, if you don't need it don't get it. Just tell them when you come in not to stamp you passport, and it shouldn't be a problem.

El AL only flies twice a week to Cairo (Sunday and Thursday). From Cairo you can get to Sharm or Hurghada by air. I have just had someone in Egypt looking into this for me, and they said that domestic air travel in Egypt is sketchy at best. So you would need to leave youself plenty of time for things to slip.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that, I will either arrange everything through an operator in Eilat (i.e. transfers from Eilat to Marsa Ghaleb pier included), or cross at Taba rent a car and drive down myself.

As long as I remember to turn my lights off at night, I don't think I'll have any trouble driving in Egypt. :laughing:

I have got several pieces of the puzzle figured out-

Here is a link that is the ferry service from Sharm to Hurghada
http://www.internationalfastferries.com/

the missing piece for me is Eilat-Taba-Sharm, and i don't want to do the driving myself. On top of this is the scheduling and coordinating with when the boat leaves.

what operator have you found in Eilat? I'd actually like to book the whole thing thru an operator in Eilat-boat, equipment & transit (so if you have one don't hold back.)

The Sea Queen link above will do it but it's not the trip (sked/boat/area) for me (though maybe I should ask him if he'll just provide the transit part.)

djkpsu:
El AL only flies twice a week to Cairo (Sunday and Thursday). From Cairo you can get to Sharm or Hurghada by air. I have just had someone in Egypt looking into this for me, and they said that domestic air travel in Egypt is sketchy at best. So you would need to leave youself plenty of time for things to slip.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that, I will either arrange everything through an operator in Eilat (i.e. transfers from Eilat to Marsa Ghaleb pier included), or cross at Taba rent a car and drive down myself.

As long as I remember to turn my lights off at night, I don't think I'll have any trouble driving in Egypt. :laughing:

Eilat-Taba-Sharm: two options. Either way you walk accross the border from Eilat to Taba. If you are arriving in Eilat, there is a bus that takes you to the border. Now from Taba-

1. Take the bus. They are run by the East Delta Bus Company. Not then nicest bus, but it gets you there. I think the fare was about 25 LE (October, 2003). The ride is about 4 1/2 hours.

2. You can also take a taxi. Very often the cost is shared by a few people. The price goes up and down, depending if the bus has already left. You won't find a more interesting ride in an old Peugeot wagon! My only complaint is that the process is drawn out- I'm used to bargaining but the drivers are in no hurry- make sure to allow enough time.

Also I would recommend contacting Arkia Airlines. They used to have flights from Tel Aviv to Sharm el Sheikh. In 2000 there were discontinued. I heard that they may be starting up service again.

Aqua-Sport and Red Sea Sports Club are both very good. Back in March I had a chat with Dudu at Red Sea sports/Manta. He said they were planning a few liveaboard trips for Israelis.

Another options is to use a UK-based tour operator like Crusader. www.divers.co.uk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom