Israel to Marsa Alam, Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djkpsu

Contributor
Reaction score
Mitzpe Ramon, Israel/ Eliat on the weekends!!
I would like to do a liveaboard that leaves from Marsa Alam, but I am having trouble figuring out how to get there.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get down there? If I cross into Taba can I fly down? Or what about by car to Sharm, ferry to Hurghada, and car to Marsa Alam?

There is an airport in Taba. So one solution is - cross the boarder in Taba then take a plane to Cairo and then to marsa alam. I think easier would be going by car - if you are not scared of driving in Egypt (and this is a challenge - believe me). Although it is a long drive. Ferry boat from Sharm to Hurghada goes in the afternoon.
Mania

It would be easiest to fly from Tel Aviv to Cairo. Then fly from Cairo to Marsa Alam. I went to the airport's website and found that today, flight PAS617 arrives from Cairo at 19:15. I have no idea what that airline is.

You can also fly from Sharm to Marsa Alam on Air Memphis.

Either way, you are going to need a good travel agent.

I think that flight is Air Siani, but I can't find their timetable anywhere. Also, the flights from Tel Aviv to Cairo are limited. El Al only flies Thursday and Sunday, and Egypt Air's website is about as useful as a screendoor on a submarine.

My search will continue...

I know maybe I could just hitch-hike down with some bedouins! :laughing:

Like I said, you need a travel agent. I would also call Arkia to see if they are going to have flights to Sharm or Cairo. About 10 years ago I flew from Tel Aviv to Sharm on Air Sinai, returning on Arkia. After 2000, the flights to Egypt were suspsended.

Don't forget that you can fly to Cairo from Amman.

A few years ago my friends used a travel agent for this type of stuff.

Here is the number: 03-5178361 and 03-5162443.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom