Issue with securing 7ft long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Throwing it out there. Are you by chance using a braided miflex style hose?

I do that when I am sidemounted, but I would hate to have to stow it backmounted.
So you could tuck it into the tank bungee before donning the harness and then if you had to donate, tuck it under the waist belt, for the duration of the dive, right?

Throwing it out there. Are you by chance using a braided miflex style hose?
This is what I was going to ask. The only time I have had a long hose slip from my harness belt is when using a braided hose.

So you could tuck it into the tank bungee before donning the harness and then if you had to donate, tuck it under the waist belt, for the duration of the dive, right?
If you have to go through all that every time you donate you're not going to be inclined to practice donating, AKA, the S-drill. Get a proper length hose and stow it like it should be.

If you have to go through all that every time you donate you're not going to be inclined to practice donating, AKA, the S-drill. Get a proper length hose and stow it like it should be.
As Ron implies, many technical divers do an S-drill or modified S-drill before every dive. Many do it at least occasionally. This practice would eliminate that.

I live in Switzerland. Buying a piece of plastic pipe is going to cost me more than just buying the Halcyon retainer. :( (quick connect fittings for a pee valve run me around 10 USD each)

Also bear in mind the total length of the Apeks retainer is 6 inches, minus around 2.2 for the bits that hold onto the belt. When I first got it, I was actually surprised by how small it is, considering the photos online.

But yes, I could be the dummy here.
Why does Switzerland hate plastic? What do you use for domestic plumbing lines?

3D printer?

I don't get it, after many years of diving with a 7' rubber longhose, a properly adjusted waist strap and either a wetsuit or neoprene pocket shorts, I have never had the hose come out from the waistband?? I bought one of those hose retainer sticks years ago but have never needed it or used it. And being GUE trained I ALWAYS do an S drill as soon as I splash, instinct now, back mount or side mount.
just my $0.02c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom