Issue with XP10 download to PC via irDA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I posted this in the Windows 10 irDA thread but as my issue is a little more specific I decided to create a new thread so anyone who may have resolved a similar issue might see it.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with an issue with my SubGear XP10 connecting to PC via USB IrDA. I'm using a SigmaTel dongle.

I have been able to connect and transfer dives from XP10 to PC for a couple of years now. I recently had the hard disk die on my PC and had to reload a lot of software - including Dive Log application. All good as I had backed my log and was able to import it.

HOWEVER - obvioulsy there was going to be a however - I have upgraded to Windows 10 since I last tried to transfer dives. I discovered that I hadn't uploaded dives to my PC for a while, so decided to do so. After some hair pulling I finally managed to get the IrDA working and recognised by my PC. I can even connect to the XP10 (I see the infrared icon on it's screen) and that's where it turns to custard. A few seconds after connecting, my XP10 just turns off and my IR connection is lost.

I've tried google to see if anyone else has experienced this issue but it all seems to be about actually getting the IR device working. I'm running the correct version of Windows 10 (1607) it's 64-bit Home version.

So can anyone offer any suggestions/advice how I might go about getting those dives into my pc log?

Cheers

Mark

My XP10 had a similar issue if the battery was starting to get low. It would connect but then the 2 minute countdown would clear.
I also found that comms were a little sketchy if the IR emitters weren't clean.

My XP10 had a similar issue if the battery was starting to get low. It would connect but then the 2 minute countdown would clear.
I also found that comms were a little sketchy if the IR emitters weren't clean.

Thank you for the reply, Froggle.

IThe battery level is well in the green - so should be OK and I have cleaned the IR sensors. Also mine seems to connect - gives that twanging connection sound on PC and then watch turns off.

So did you manage to connect your XP10 under Windows 10 and download dives to PC?

Yes with both subsurface and the smarttrak software whilst using a sigma tel dongle. Subsurface seemed to be a little more temperamental though and I had to keep the xp10 perfectly still and within a couple of inches of the dongle for it to work. Smarttrak didn't seem quite as fussy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom