It has been a year or so since the "Obama is going to ban all fishing" threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was forced to secure a free federal fishing license for recreational fishing and I am sure I am now in a secret database and must wear tin foil to keep the broadcasts out of my teeth...

Other than that, rock season was good, the crabs are in, and the croaker were biting the other day....

I'm from NC, not you. I don't know what you are referring to, here. Things are pretty dang good here.

That is what I meant.

We were assured Obama was going to ban all forms of sport fishing in the US.

The "facts" of the thread were quite specific.

Are we still waiting for that to happen?

Or, did we dodge a bullet?

For the time being anyway....

Under intense pressure from Bass Pro Shops and Cabella's, Obama caved in.

Under intense pressure from Bass Pro Shops and Cabella's, Obama caved in.

So Obama WAS going to shut down every form of sport and commercial fishing in the US (a multi-billion dollar industry) but was thwarted by a retailer that sells rods and reels.

That has to be a major victory for the commercial fishing industry and sportsman.

You really dogged a bullet here.

Obama HATES fish.

He must be really upset.

Upon being thwarted by the retail collective:

obama-upset.png

I heard on the radio he is waiting for his second term THEN he is really going to ban fishing. If you're a fisherman be sure to vote against him because this time he is really, really, going to ban fishing.

The fate of the Left Coast's largest estuary lies largely in the hands of the Obama administration - land speculators, developers, and farmers holding low-grade toxic land (Kesterson is there) in the Cali Central Valley Westlands District are lobbying the Interior Dept to upset traditional water management authority, and to 'direct' the ongoing process in their favor, so that a peripheral canal comprised of two tunnels bypassing the estuary, EACH of which alone would have the capacity to convey more than the average flow of the Sacramento River, could be built to pass water to the Central Valley water districts, who would then sell the expected excess of this public resource back to the LA Metro District at a nice profit, as they have already been doing for a few years. That would be even more devastating to the estuary than the recent years of record water exports. One of the biggest beneficiaries of this government-corporate cooperative shovels money at the Democrats and 'lobbies' Obama.

Or maybe he'll just be up front and ban fishing directly.

Oh, and catch shares. A different kind of privatization of public resources into large corporate, compliant and easily tapped hands. And popular with Obama's people. Google it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom