It Really Is a Small, Small World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got4boyz once bubbled...
BTW, you will probably laugh at me for asking this, but what is an LDS????
Local Dive Shop:)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

What's his moniker here on ScubaBoard Tom???

Never saw him again. This was 20 years ago.

Tom

in fact you and I both went to different schools togather and.................. my mother and your mother were both mothers!!!! WOW, what are the chances of that happening! I heard the other day if your mom and dad don't have kids, you won't either.

Dove Safe,
Caymaniac

My husband and I went diving at Smith Lake (local swamp)yesterday (Labor Day) and Ben got talking to a diver there who turned out to be his best friend when he was about 10 years old. My husband hadn't seen him since the guy moved away when they were 10, over 30 years ago.

One night at a club in Soule, Korea.....(man the start of that statement brings a lot of stories to mind)....after a few sogu's. :boozer: ..I started talking to this guy....turns out ...that not only was he from Texas....the Dfw area...but I also played football against him for 4 years....we actually played on the line..straight across from each other.....it is a small world.....

I've met a few folks from the online world down here in Cayman. After all, there are only so many dive instructors named Drew that work down here on Cayman's East End.

My bigger surprise came only a month or so after starting work here. Our shop had an employee return after a year's abscence. His first day back, I look at him with this odd recognition. I had seen him around numerous dive sites in Malta last summer.

A couple of months ago, I looked up a very close friend that I hadn't seen for about 18 years. Turns out he has taken up diving too! He just started about 3 years ago. Now we are planning to get together for a dive. Kind of strange I thought. (I tried to encourage his joining the board. He lurked a little but I haven't seen him yet.) Yo! Dan are you there?? Huh? Are you there?:jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom