It takes a special kind of stupid...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Should the employee's specific consquences be advertised the school stands a substantial chance of losing a tort action.

Human resource decisions are confidential. Generally the only safe response for requests by parents is along the lines of "the situation was addressed according to HR guidelines".

Welcome to 21st century America......

Since it appears as this is not federal, I have no problem with the law not being involved. I also take no exception to not knowing what the penalty is. What I take exception is the principal's attempts to sweep it under the rug. That is wrong and shows very poor judgement IMO. That is not the individual that I want charged with the daily well being of my child.

Agree w/Bob. You get the media involved, and it could run away. Next thing you know is you have stupid regulations being forced down the private schools' throats.

Seems like your sister is doing the right thing. An internal 'spreading of the word' (flyers handed out at the center when people drop / pick-up their kids?) and a general demand that the school follows its own policy would be more productive.

She's talked to other parents and encouraged them to go talk to the principal. The secretary told her that several other parents are upset as well, but apparently none of the others have gone to him about it. Now that she's talked to him she'll probably give it til Monday to see if a memo is sent out to parents, or if he makes an announcement during services on Sunday. Of course the only issue with the latter option is that not all students/families are members of the church.

just curious...

what's your sisters and other parents "desired outcome" of all this? :popcorn:

just curious...

what's your sisters and other parents "desired outcome" of all this? :popcorn:

I think the "desire outcome" varies by parent. But none seem happy with the way it was handled.

My sister wants it clear that parents need to be notified within a reasonable time frame whenever there is an incident involving their children. She figures if they can send a memo out on Tuesday that they are going to change the lunch menu from Pizza to Hamburgers on Wednesday, it's not to much to ask that a memo about having to evacuate the school be sent out within a day or two.

The other parent that went to the meeting is pushing for criminal charges (her child is in high school).

A couple of the other parents she talked to want the staff member fired, but at least one of them also has a child that is in the daycare under the direct supervision of this staff member.

Since it appears as this is not federal, I have no problem with the law not being involved. I also take no exception to not knowing what the penalty is. What I take exception is the principal's attempts to sweep it under the rug. That is wrong and shows very poor judgement IMO. That is not the individual that I want charged with the daily well being of my child.

Pretty much my sisters sentiments exactly.

Very special kind of stupid. My idiot friend once made a phonecall to 911 on my phone while I was in college stating he had thirty people in a room ready to kill them all, and then said "SIKE" and the police were called to my appartment. I was taken to the station and held in questioning for 9 hours.

Me and that "friend" are no longer on speaking terms

The more I thought about this thread, I've come to the conclusion this isn't a special kind of stupid. It's more like: "Congressional kind of stupid" and the punishment for it is very similar; None! :idk:

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom