It's a Girl Dive club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girldiverllc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
So, just wanted to let the women of SB hear about my latest venture.

In the local area, I've been approached by alot of new female divers with questions...wanting to know if "GirlDiver" has a club. A place for female divers to meet other female divers...gain knowledge and make new friends.

Well, it doesn't, and I don't think it belongs there, however, I thought it was a great idea...and a local dive shop (owned by men with about a 95% male customer base) also thought it would be beneficial for women in the sport. Apparently they have noticed that women talk about alot more at a dive site than JUST the dive. :)

So, I started creating a site for the club...and realized that "site space" was something that I could offer the larger female dive community as well. For those interested, I'll be updating the site with our happenings, but if you would like to spearhead a female dive club in your area, I'd be glad to add a section to the site for that as well. You know "It's a Girl Dive - Indiana Chapter"...

My thought with the club is not to be too "foo-foo"...but we'll be having an esthetician come and talk about skin care for divers, we'll tour a hyperbaric chamber and I'm really looking forward to a Women Underwater Video night where two of our local (and AMAZING!!) women videographers will showcase their works over a dessert bar.

The site is: http://www.itsagirldive.com

Happy Diving!!

Me too I also think it's a good Idea And something I've been working on in m y spare time, I work at our local dive shop and I have ALOT of woman wanting to get back into diving but don't want to be embarrassed so we have girls weekends etc...

Please Note where I am in the world..

Awesome. Cool site. Great idea.

I love the idea... I get questions all the time from women who are too uncomfortable to talk with their LDS, Instructor, Spouse etc. This industry needs more of this! :D

good idea, I would join but I am just a bit too far away

Yeah...England may be a bit too far to attend the weeknight dives...:(

Hmm...you could start a "It's a Girl Dive" club there though...:D

There's been a group in San Diego and one in Central Jersey that have already inquired about posting their "Girl Dive" events and pics on the new site. Totally welcome this response.

I think that if I were a new diver...just certified (as ALOT of my GirlDiver.com visitors are...) and I happened to be in a mostly male class, it would be nice to see that there are other women, just like me, all over the world diving together and eating chocolate!!

Just a thought..

Sexist i tell ya!!

Nah if it makes u comfortable, go for it

I think you have an awesome idea!! In fact I think this should be a commercial success. I'm a guy and my wife is a diver - we love each other to death but I know there are issues she needs a woman's perspective on - I think it would be a great comfort and place for women divers.

You go girl!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom