It's here, it's here!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just don't pull on the wing, if you're lifting the kit use a camband or harness strap. Those little thingys work great, they keep the wing in place when used properly and don't damage the tank like bolts would.

Gator's right -- just watch your gear when the DMs mess with it on the boat. We went out with one operation, with the same DM, for three days, and I got tired of saying, "Don't lift it by the wing", and just started replacing the thimgamabobs before getting into the gear each time.

Sheesh, I would never tolerate someone lifting my gear by the bladder, even in my old back-inflate BC. There are straps that are MADE to support the weight - what are these people thinking?

Edit: I see that you mean with the tank not attached...I read a bit too quickly and missed that.

OneBrightGator:
Just don't pull on the wing, if you're lifting the kit use a camband or harness strap. Those little thingys work great, they keep the wing in place when used properly and don't damage the tank like bolts would.

Fair enough. Old habits die hard, I guess.:11doh:

I went with the 40# wing...just because. hehe I read that the 30 and 40 are so similar in overall size, I just went with the 40. It is soooo much smaller than what I'm used to (a 65# BC bladder). First day packing the car, I kept looking in the trunk, certain I had forgotten something because I had so much more room in there!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom