It's here, it's here!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There still is a long way ahead before you cross over to the dark side.
BP/W it is only the beginning young one.
May the force be with you and enjoy it.

Once you get everything dialed in, I would suggest you ditch the tri-glide on the back of crotch strap and put something a little more permanent there. It just adds a little piece of mind.

johnnyseko:
Thanks everyone! So far here's where I'm at. Just brought my regs for service, so I may not be getting wet for a bit. Cant wait to dive it!!

Also, if you can see the buckle, I'm not positive it's threaded right but it isnt going anywhere. I still need to trim the excess webbing, but I dont want to trim too much so I'm gonna wait on that.

That looks good except the shoulder D-rings look too low. I have mine on the collar bone, and (unless you are a very different shape, which is possible) yours look like they will be several inches lower than that.

Remember that you want whatever is attached to them- usually a light but I hang my PAS camera there - to rest conveniently between the armpit and elbow, and place them accordingly.

I remember it took me a good few hours in the pool to find the right trim; I strongly encourage you to find a friendly pool owner to let you muck around in his back yard for an afternoon so you can get your tank and trim weight placement really dialled in before you waste an expensive trip and a buddy's patience trying to do it live. There are quite a few variables including webbing length (don't trim anything yet!), retainer placement and tank position to get sorted out, and it takes some time to do it.

Welcome to the steel and webbing fraternity!

[edit] just noticed I am a month out of date on this thread but good luck anyway! [/edit]

Peter

You're right that the buckle is not threaded right.
This is from memory as my rig is in my garage downstairs at the moment and also assuming you have a buckle with 3 slots in it. The webbing should go through the first slot (the one farthest from where the latch is connected) from the back of the buckle then through the last, or closest to the latch, slot. This is where it gets to be a PITA.
You now need to feed it through the middle slot from the back and loop it back on itself to fit through the first slot on the inside. This provides a very secure, but very frustrating to adjust once it is set, buckle.

If you need some pictures let me know and I can take some post them.

P.S.: I should have read Peter's post more thoroughly! I did not notice the OP date either!

Peter McGuinness:
Hey, you're the guy with the divebums t-shirt I saw in Irvine last sunday!
And you're the guy who said "Hey I recognize that divebums t-shirt!"
I had taken my son to see Deep Sea 3D, I thought you were just some guy who had seen the movie and recognized the jelly from the film.:D
Small world!

I had just taken my daughter to a ballet exam; much less interesting than the Deep Sea movie.
There must have been twenty divers from san diego in the spectrum that day - bad divng weather does that!
I'll' probably see you on a wrinkles dive sometime.
Peter

Thanks guys! Well it's not really late considering I finally got to dive it this past w/end! One pool dive and 2 ocean dives. It is awesome! I know I'll have to adjust those D-rings, but they were actually pretty close. The fit was really good based on the threading and fitting suggestions from all the web sites recommended. The only thing I did have to adjust was the crotch strap. I will be rethreading that buckle.:wink: Going to have to get some more dives in and adjust a little at a time. I'm almost certain I can lose some weight off my belt so I'm pretty psyched! The rig itself was extremely comfortable, like it wasnt even there - which I guess is the whole idea.

Another question - is there a good way of keeping the wing attached to the plate when it's not strapped to a tank? I found those rubber 'bolts(?)' will pull out of the plate quite easily.

johnnyseko:
Another question - is there a good way of keeping the wing attached to the plate when it's not strapped to a tank? I found those rubber 'bolts(?)' will pull out of the plate quite easily.

I was wondering the same thing?

BTW, did you go with the 30 or 40 lb wing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom