Its live.... its NOT Memorex! PETITION GOES ACTIVE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis

Contributor
Reaction score
http://diversunion.org is now active and online.

The petition is now available for signature, and actually will work.

Comments or problems signing it? Post here or PM me and I'll sort it out....

Enjoy and, let's send that MESSAGE!

There are no Provinces list in the drop down list.

Should there be a N/A for registered Voter (or do Canadians just put No)? I am ASS U ME ing that question is for the American side.

I'll get the abbreviations in there... FIXED.

Yes, the "registered voter' question is for the US. THat's there in the event that the manufacturers decide to close ranks and this thing has to go over to lawmakers to ask THEM for help.... (I don't think this is going to happen, but you never know!)

Genesis once bubbled...
..Do you have a "standardized list" up there (like our two-letter state codes)?

Yes

AB Alberta
BC British Columbia
MB Manitoba
NB New Brunswick
NF Newfoundland/Labrador
NS Nova Scotia
NT Northwest Territories
NU Nunavut (NU became official 2000 December 18. )
ON Ontairio
PE Prince Edward Island
QC Quebec
SK Saskatchewan
YK Yukon

Jeff

genesis thanks for putting this together ,when I signed it it said how many had signed it is there any way I can find out down the road how many more have signed it?
joens

I will see what I can do about that.

The problem with it is that "signed" and "confirmed" are two different things, and its handled on two different machines.

For example, if you sign the petition but don't confirm it, after a couple of days your signature will be deleted. The "counter" on the signature page has no way to know that.....

I can probably come up with some way to provide a "backchannel" of data back to the petition system, but it will take some thought as to exactly how to accomplish that.

How about a "Printer Friendly" version of the page that can be printed and displayed at LDS, etc?

Something they can post, and call their customers attention to, and get some traffic that might otherwise be unaware of it?

Its actually there, if you're talking about the petition... :)

http://www.politics-fax.org/petitions/petition-scuba-1-raw.htm is the petition without the signature block or other accoutraments, and is suitable for printing. That is, actually, where the system gets the actual petition copy that gets faxed from.

If you're talking about a "one page" printable "flyer" of sorts, I'm working on one; it'll be up on the "Stickers" page (where the logos are that you can grab and use on web postings, etc)

flyer page up.

Go back to the web page, click the "Sticker/Flyer" button, and follow the link, then print the page that comes up. It should fit on one printed 8-1/2 x 11 page.

Signed up last night, signature #7

Spread the word:thumb:

...is there any way I can find out down the road how many more have signed it?

That would be awesome, or at least a counter somewhere,

Great idea Chris

Back
Top Bottom