Its live.... its NOT Memorex! PETITION GOES ACTIVE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its nice to see such a proactive measure to improve diver's consumer rights.

#154 (I think)

I kind of like this idea....sad to see that only two companies fit your requirements for good companies though.

There is a huge class action lawsuit going on against the big record companies about Minimum Advertised Prices...it's a good idea but they aren't going about it right. They are just looking to get a cash settlement in the amount of 75million from the companies. What they need to do is what this is trying to do - actually change the behaviors of the mfg. and distributors.

is to bring pressure as we can.

That means patronizing the "good guys", NOT patronizing the others, TELLING THEM WHY - including shops you walk out of as a consequence - and keeping the pressure on.

This is a SMALL industry. If someone like Mares is scratching their heads - they're not committed to this as deeply as some might think.

In the end, its all about money. Get the word out, and get the signatures on the petitions, and it will change. Count on it.

One thing that NO business likes is a bunch of pissed-off consumers.

Glad to hear it's working. For some reason I fear that it will be slow going in the start though...many of these companies are very entrenched in their ways...and usually fear change. But hey - here's to hoping!

when the tank stickers get here and start showing up on diver's tanks.. :)

Its going to be VERY hard to ignore those..... and they're pretty visible!

has chosen to ask us not to fax them any more petition signatures.

I, of course, would suggest that a manufacturer that decides not to listen to customers is one that you, as a customer, might not want to do business with at all!

The system will, if you sign the petition in the future, provide you with the means to express your opinion to Atomic personally (you'll have to call them, of course, but the phone number will be provided) in the event you believe that sticking your finger in your ear is as outrageous as I do...... :)

Interesting. I'm surprised you haven't gotten one from Scubapro/Uwatec like that yet. They seem to like this business model a lot.

I know when I was shopping for a new computer, I could get the Uwatec SmartCom for dirt cheap on eBay, brand new in the box. Instead, I bought it for $880 from my LDS, just so that I could have a supported warranty on it. *sigh*

I mean really. If a company has *true* faith in their product and no real ulterior profit motives (and yes, I do understand all companies have some profit motive) it shouldn't matter where I buy the product from.

originally in our phone conversations - until I explained to them that the system is too smart for that and will tell the signer that they refused the signatures :)

Of course they might be shi$-canning the faxes, but they DID tell me they wanted them.

The reality of fax transmissions is that you can't "spam" someone's fax machine legally. As a result you have to (1) get permission, and (2) honor any future request to discontinue the transmissions as soon as you reasonably can.

However, nothing says you can't tell people that they're sticking their heads in the sand, and giving the signer the means to personally contact them by voice phone to follow up on it :)

Back
Top Bottom