It's official!! Premier showing of "Relive the Memory" on New Years Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to leave before the showing as I had to get the food ready for the after dive meet... However, my buddy let me watch the copy he bought... Nice job! A great way to promote our favorite mid-west dive spot. I was surprised to see I had a .5 second cameo.

What a great job Barracuda2 did! The video looks very professional and he has a great narrating voice. Y'all missed out on buying the limited edition copies containing a few mistakes that were available for sale at the premier. Barracuda2 has to fix a couple of minor things and then the final cut of the video should be ready. This is a great video to show your family and friends (who probably think you're nuts) exactly what you're doing in that quarry; it might even entice them to learn to dive! I plan to show my copy (mistakes and all) to my students to get them pumped for check-out dives.

GREAT JOB!

One other thing...try not to laugh at my frog kick, I was just learning how to do it. :babycrawl

Ber Rabbit:
What a great job Barracuda2 did! The video looks very professional and he has a great narrating voice.
GREAT JOB!

One other thing...try not to laugh at my frog kick, I was just learning how to do it. :babycrawl

I thought all U guys/gals did a great job.... where was Bruce?

Looks like a bit of planning went into all the dive shots...either that or you have some great underwater comm skill.

And John, Tom and I thought U guys were driving just a bit over 5 MPH....har har

You are right - I do planning on showing to the group of warm water divers I know to show what they are missing....

gtxl1200:
Wondering if my equipment demo made the final cut or ended up on the cutting room floor???

I saw you at a picnic table but not sure what you were doing. Looked like M&G footage.

Jchoby:
I thought all U guys/gals did a great job.... where was Bruce?

We were shooting during the week so we could get good visbility, he has a real job and couldn't get off. I think he had previous engagements on the weekends that were nice enough for video so he didn't get to join the fun.

Jchoby:
Looks like a bit of planning went into all the dive shots...either that or you have some great underwater comm skill.

I know Barracuda2 briefed my buddy and I to give us a general idea of what he wanted to video during each dive; I'm sure he probably did the same for everyone else as well. We did rely heavily on underwater comm (via hand signals only) to make sure we were where he needed us. It was a really interesting experience!
Ber :lilbunny:

cldwdiver:
Barracuda2,

Any idea on the price for this video and when it will be available?

They set the price at $19.95 but didn't say when the final cut would be ready. It's definitely worth the price, it's very professionally done.
Ber :lilbunny:

cldwdiver:
Barracuda2,

Any idea on the price for this video and when it will be available?

As Ber said, the price will be $19.95 at the shop and maybe a couple of bucks more for S & H if ordered via mail either from the shop or off Gilboa's web site. I have to make a few adjustments in the visuals and the narration content to correct a couple of errors. (I should learn my fresh water fish better---no salmon in the quarry!!) Also, max depth in the quarry is 137 ft. at the sump, and the car is a Mercury Grand Marque, not an LDT. I'm also going to rename the yellow pickup "The yellow submarine truck", not "The snorkel truck". A few guys told me that because of the names of the Beetles on the tailgate of the truck, it's better known as "The Yellow Submarine Truck". Thanks for the info. Once Mike and I are totally satisfied, we will start to make it available no later than the end of March or beginning of April. If anybody who saw it want to give me some input, please PM me. I'm open to any critique and other comments.

Back
Top Bottom