It's official!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FLArmyBrat

Reaction score
I AM CERTIFIED!!!!!! YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!

3 fresh water dives at Lake Denton in Avon Park and 1 salt water dive (plus one more for fun!) in WPB and I am done with the official stuff. Now on to the fun!

Everything was uneventful until the dive after certification when my boyfriend noticed bubbles coming from where bubbles shouldn't be coming from. Turned out I had a hole in the top of one of my bc hoses. I couldn't inflate at all!! And here I thought me bouncing off the bottom was because I was an idiot. I did real well on the first dive but on the second I thought I was just too tired. SHEESH!!! I am just thankful it wasn't my air hose eh? Thats why we have buddies!

So its off to the LDS to get that fixed tomorrow. The B/F is ready to go get wet tomorrow night at the inlet now. I think it will probably wait until Wed. though. We do want to put in a few dives before we go to the keys next month.

Well...I'm pooped. I am soo thrilled to be a DIVER!!!!

Talk to you all later!
Laurel
:froggy:

:grad: So, have you selected a Bankruptcy Attorney yet?

Dive on... Don

Good work. take it slow.
And yes, polish up that visa baby!

E-mail is on its way!

I have to tell you that the 14 yr old that got certified at La-No-Che went with us this weekend and did wonderfully!!! He was very focused and knowledgeable!

It was a good weekend all the way around. We even managed to take a couple of pics with a disposable camera. Our first boat dive is well documented!

Talk about gung ho though, I'm off to meet the man for lunch then to the LDS to get a tank or two so we can go to the inlet this evening before the weather gets rough. I think there are two new addicts in the crowd!!! :)

Talk to you all again soon!!
Laurel

i just posted a message in your welcome thread asking you about your check out...
well... congrats and have fun underwater...
don't get over enthusiastic though...
as always, safety first...

Well...I was so excited about diving on Monday night. But we never made it in past our knees. A wave clipped Shannon and dislocated his knee. So I learned quickly the role of a dive buddy.

I lugged all my gear up to the truck, then came back for his...left him to guard the tanks...then some guys hanging out at the pier came and helped carry the tanks and get him to the truck. What an experience.

So now my diving is on hold for a couple of weeks while my buddy recouperates. Send happy thoughts his way. We have a trip to the Keys planned for late October.

learn-scuba--- got the stickers on Tuesday! Thanks so much. They are great!

Talk to you all again soon!
Laurel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom