It's quiet in here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely, Cheryl. You pull your own weight as well.

TS&M: I am actually going to do this. I have a guy who went over to the darkside and offered his doubled 95's. I'm going to test drive them before forking out for the bands and manifold. I really like the HP120's because they do trim out nicely, so other than the weight for two, it shouldn't be much of a trim problem. I have an instructor friend with double 120's that I'm going to try as well.

I have a couple of tech buddies that dive AL80's doubled and they have no trouble with them at all. That's what the real pain is, as you've said, it's about experimentation. That's why pools are nice to adjust equipment. Putzing around on a platform changing weights and such is a pain. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out, as will the rest of the people posting here.

scubagrrl06:
I'm hanging out reading everyone's posts and WISHING WISHING WISHING :51: For warmer weather so I can get my dive gear out
i feel your pain. I just went to Myrtle Beach for a week. I had planned on a few days of diving and it ended up being 50 degrees all week :( . If I'm going to dive in that weather, I'l stay in Jersey and dive.

Spratman:
Truk used to dive double 100's and Scuba41girl dives 95's or 100's. We just don't have a good showing for women in our dive club...
Mine are 100's but I'm seriously thinking about splitting them. I've heard they can damage your spine. I dont want to end up at the chiropractor. I'm not thrilled about splitting them. They have become very convienent. Also, I'm starting to shore dive in our area and some of the entry points are a hike from the truck. I have no desire to be a pack mule :shakehead

Spratman:
We just don't have a good showing for women in our dive club...
Tell me about it. I'm always the only girl on the boat :( I figured there were no female divers in Jersey, but I did a small trade show in central Jersey and sold a ton of shirts to women divers. I want to know where all of them are...beause I would love a day of diving, lattes and pedicures! :D

Surelyshirly:
Gosh I wish you ladies were closer to me. I am in NJ and have not found any female dive buddies.

And my issues are definately different than theirs. They are great about it but still....
Hellooooooooo I live 20 minutes from you :bananalama:

What shop are you out of and what boat do you dive off of?
I was just in Toms River today :wink:

See you at all the shows but never diving. And I am the only girl on the boat always.

Tuna Seazure out of Tuckerton, Stingray in Belmar. Want to give a few more a try and will be diving the Blue Fathoms and Tom kat and Springtide with my club.

Love the beach dives, drop me a line whenever you are looking to go. I am actually available weekdays and weekends

Do you know how nice it would be to dive with someone who doesnt have a pee valve on their drysuit........

Got the You Dive Like a Boy shirt, love it

Honestly cant complain too much about.... the guys are good....but it still would be nice

Surelyshirly:
See you at all the shows but never diving. And I am the only girl on the boat always.

Tuna Seazure out of Tuckerton, Stingray in Belmar. Want to give a few more a try and will be diving the Blue Fathoms and Tom kat and Springtide with my club.

Love the beach dives, drop me a line whenever you are looking to go. I am actually available weekdays and weekends

Do you know how nice it would be to dive with someone who doesnt have a pee valve on their drysuit........

Got the You Dive Like a Boy shirt, love it

Honestly cant complain too much about.... the guys are good....but it still would be nice
I'm available weekdays also. I'm on the stingray often. I dove the tuna seazure once. never been on the blue fathoms. I would definately do some shore dives with you. I'll add you to my buddy list. :D

Hi,
Valerie here. I am in and out (the water too)
I am a traveling RN

scuba41girl:
Mine are 100's but I'm seriously thinking about splitting them. I've heard they can damage your spine. I dont want to end up at the chiropractor. I'm not thrilled about splitting them. They have become very convienent. Also, I'm starting to shore dive in our area and some of the entry points are a hike from the truck. I have no desire to be a pack mule :shakehead

That's exactly what my tech instructor said to me. However, by the very nature of tech diving, you need doubles. I've had no problem diving with single 120's and I've had a couple of older guys tell me that they were splitting their doubles for boat diving. There is nothing wrong with that. It's better than constantly being mistaken for Quasimodo.:D It doesn't make you less of a diver....

I don't live near enough to do any shore diving. Just at Dutch Springs.

Spratman:
That's exactly what my tech instructor said to me. However, by the very nature of tech diving, you need doubles. I've had no problem diving with single 120's and I've had a couple of older guys tell me that they were splitting their doubles for boat diving. There is nothing wrong with that. It's better than constantly being mistaken for Quasimodo.:D It doesn't make you less of a diver....

I don't live near enough to do any shore diving. Just at Dutch Springs.
I dove with 120 once. I'll try it again and see how i like it.

I'm not worried about the "appearance" of not diving with doubles. Anyone who likes lugging them around is crazy!!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom