I've got a new camcorder!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey all

It looks like my $80 eBay Special, the PV-DV100, in fact really is toast (ironically, from water damage...and I never even got the chance to take it swimmin with me). Well, at least the video part of it; I could probably still use it as an ersatz DAT substitute for sound.

The good news is that I just won another camera on eBay, and this one I think looks a mite more promising. It's a Canon Optura 10 miniDV, a fairly recent model which seems to have pretty solid numbers according to camerainfo.com. This particular one was a floor model somewhere and is apparently in almost new condition, with all the accessories. Of course, being a Canon I think even it has a LANC jack.

I don't suppose any SBers have any personal anecdotes or opinions about using the Optura 10, especially underwater..... ??

Time to do some research on a housing now. More details later.

cheers

Billy S.

It'll fit in an Equinox Pro-Pak 6. And I'm guessing the Ikelite 6050, it fits the Optura 30/40 and I think yours is the same as far as control locations. There's probably others.

Don't think it has a LANC port though. Which explains why Equinox/Ikelite house it.

Better deal than your last one though. It has Firewire and Timecode built-in.

The Equinox housing looks awfully enticing, what with that dome port and included wide angle lens. But dang is it pricey. :(

I stand corrected about the LANC port. I probably don't need it anyway. However it does have lots of manual controls and I think it even has 16:9 widescreen.

cheers

Billy S.

Moogyboy:
The Equinox housing looks awfully enticing, what with that dome port and included wide angle lens. But dang is it pricey. :(

Moogyboy,

Did you ever purchase the Equinox housing? How do you like it?

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom