I've seen no medical confirmation of this but I think it works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
Yes. Exactly... at least that's what you said earlier.

Huh - missed this one before - so to clarify -you'll take ASA as an anti-DCS prophylactic, though there is no proof it works, yet you won't stop taking it until there's proof it's bad? Backwards thinking in my book.

I take it, as I said before, because it stops platlettes from clumping and thins the blood. I see that a positive thing. I have seen no studies that say it is harmful for the diver. If you have any medical results that a diver should not take aspirin, in the dosage I take, I'd like to see it.

If you think it is bad, or unnecessary then don't take it. I see it as potentially helpful

getwet2:
I've heard that 1 or 2 beers a day is good for you as well as a glass of wine and a shot of brandy. Just in case, I usually take all three just before I go for a dive.

A glass of wine a day is very healthy but not when you dive. It causes increased dehydration. Liquor and diving are contraindicated. Not so with 81 mg aspirin

When was the last time you went to see a doctor about your blood and actually had blood work done?

What if you happen to have a low platelet count right now and you don't even know about it?

What if you really shouldn't be trying to thin your blood out more then it already is?

pilot fish:
A glass of wine a day is very healthy but not when you dive. It causes increased dehydration. Liquor and diving are contraindicated. Not so with 81 mg aspirin
Thank you for informing me of that, I will be sure to wash my wine down with 2 glasses of water next time.

Snowbear:
No. Are you?

No. I'm seperating my opinion from any known fact, which there seems to be little, as pertains to diving and aspirin. Since there is no indication that 81 mg aspirin is harmful or helpful we are left with opinion.

getwet2:
When was the last time you went to see a doctor about your blood and actually had blood work done?

What if you happen to have a low platelet count right now and you don't even know about it?

What if you really shouldn't be trying to thin your blood out more then it already is?

You raise good points and ones that a diver should consider. I had my annual a few weeks ago and my platlettes were normal. My doc says taking 81 mg aspirin a day is a good thing. He does it too, so does my wife's doc, which is good enough for me.

getwet2:
Thank you for informing me of that, I will be sure to wash my wine down with 2 glasses of water next time.

Don't drink and dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom