ixtapa & zihuatanejo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Topfuel

Reaction score
We are being forced to go to Ixtapa in early Feb. as part of an extended family trip. Would like to dive there but the reports we've seen are not encouraging in regards to vis. Could someone who's dove there during this time frame give us some feed back?
Ixtapa is definately not a top dive choice for us, having been to Bonaire, Coz, Cayman, etc., but if we can justify getting the wetsuits damp then we'll dive.

ahh i hope there will be replies because i also am planning a trip to zihuatanejo for a week of r&r in february and was hoping to get a few dives in.

any recommendations,experiences with the local dive shops? all my diving has been in malaysia/indonesia - what can i expect in mexico/ixtapa?

The area is massively development and then once only so-so scuba has only deteriorated.

Forget Ixtapa diving---snorkeling off the Club Med beach is better.

Go to Zihuatenejo to dive. Best ops in town are old (like real old by now) Owen Lee at Las Gatas and an ecologically-minded shop run by a chap with a strong marine biology background called Zihuatanejo Scuba Center. They'll show you what there is to see.

May get lucky and see a manta, but don't count on it.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom