Jack Enger Great Lakes Scuba passes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just called up to traverse city to get my gear in and found out that Jack Enger of Great Lakes Scuba passed away. He was the person who got me into scuba. He was not only a business owner but a good friend. He will be dearly missed. When i talked to his friend who is currently taking care of things and doing an inventory at the shop, he was tellin me he was unsure of the future of the shop. Shelly (jacks wife) may close down the shop and they should be reaching a decision in the next few weeks. Rest in peace Jack. He was truly a great pesron to know. You had to go to early.

whole article:
Traverse City Record-Eagle - Great Lakes Scuba owner dies at 57

I am from Traverse City and taught diving in several countries and I would come home on vacation and Jack would have my gear ready before I had to go back to sea as well as giving me good deals on dive gear.
He will be missed.

I heard about Jack's passing when I was there in mid January, I always stopped in the shop after dropping the wife,and kids off at the mall, it was my sanctuary from the rat race at least for a little while. He will be missed, my condolences go out to his family, Jack will sadly be missed.

My deepest sympathy to his family. Jack was a great guy - full of enthusiasm for life and diving. He always made everyone feel welcome and will be missed very much. Jack shared many of his diving stories and will be remembered with great affection.
Julie

Jack did great work and was very helpful in getting new people into the sport.. He will really be missed. Rest in peace buddy.

Uncleavi, Jack was a big supporter of my fins for years. We will miss him.

Jack came a very long way from an Iron Worker on disablity, who dove a little here and there, to a dive store owner with a passion for mechandising scuba gear and gadgets like i have never seen anywhere else. His store was always amazing to "scuba browse" around in.

He went much too soon. I miss the little guy greatly.

The message was off; the shop was a wonder and it was fun wandering in it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom