Jack Enger Great Lakes Scuba passes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We loved visiting that shop nearly every summer when we visit friends in TC. The shop and Jack will truly be missed. Our condolences to his family and friends.

Just talked to the dive shop and they are going to close it down. There is a liquidator coming in sunday to start selling everything off. How sad. i have used that shop for 18 years.

We just found out about Jack's Passing. We would like to send our deepest sympathies to Jack's family. We will miss our visits with Jack at the shop. Not only was he kind and friendly but patient with our needs in the scuba arena. Had always hoped to dive with Jack, but will have to wait until we can in the clouds someday.

Tim & Laura

Jack was a great friend ,when we learned of his passing ,we knew we lost a great friend
we have known Jack and his wife for almost 20 awesome years what a great man to know
jack would go out of his way to get my wife and Daughter the right gear for them .
we dont feel like we lost just a good friend,, but a family too
thanks for all the people helping Shelly in this time of need .
WE'LL SEE YOU SOON CAPTAIN CRUSTY AND CARP may your tanks stay full
thanks Wags , Tammy and Amber

I live about 1 mile from the shop and have travelled with Jack and Shelley, including our fav trip to Tawali in PNG in 2008.

They did sell alot of stuff in the clearance sale, to help Shelley out. She was too distraught to be there. The place was absolutely packed and everyone was telling favorite Jack stories.

Someone is back there today, maybe cleaning out more of the stuff that did not sell.

The new owner (Doug) of the former rival shop in town (Scuba North) has bought some of the brand stock and taked over a few of the product lines. Doug is going to open a new shop somewhere in the TC area a little later. Meantime I have to drive by the empty shop multiple times every day.

Mike

I first met Jack & Shelley when they brought a group to dive with us at Art Pickering's Provo Turtle Divers. I had the pleasure of being their dive master for that trip. The friendship that we started there continued over the years and I ended up moving to Michigan, Leland area, and renewed our friendship.
Jack was a center piece of the dive scene in Northern Michigan, and his tour to tropical climates alway drew a lot of interest. His videos would be playing all day for about a week after the trip was back.
Jack was great family man and I know that the dive community in the area feels like they lost a father figure.
My feeling go out to is family and friends.
Miss you Jack, love to the family.
God Bless.

Friends have organized a last time clearance sale at the shop with proceeds to help Shelley. It is on Sunday April 25th from noon - 5 pm.

I believe Shelley will be there. I will be there and so will Doug, the new owner of Scuba North who is consolidating the former Scuba North and Jack's shop into one larger dive operation with both a well-stocked shop with solid product lines (Jack's specialty) and a variety of local diving trips (Scuba North's former specialty).

Still have some great new stuff there and letting it go for 70% off!!!:shocked2:

here i sit thinking about all the great people i have met through scuba diving
wondering if there is gonna be a new shop in town or do i gotta go all the way across town?
missing Shelly's smile, missing Jack's laugh, wondering who will fill my bottles with air,
boats in the shop so nothing to do today, but sit and think about our next dive
after the sales , my 19 year old daughter proly has one of the best set ups in the state for a 19 yr old girl, posiden regs, posiden knife the best pelican boxes ,ect
seen Rodney in meijers a few times he has nothing to say , not even hi, mmmmm
i see John is still helping Shelly as much as possible, thanks John for hanging in there with Shelly. i got the clock from Jack's shop, the padi clock from behind the counter
i get to think about Jack and Shelly everytime i look at the time, thank you Shelly,
i really enjoy that clock, it keeps us thinking about you, all the time.
hope we all can get together and do a dive, or lunch, or something any of you guys or gals wanna dive just give me a shout my email is "angelracing2@gmail.com
boat should be out soon
thanks you guys for listening
thanks Steve Wagner

Back
Top Bottom