Jackson Blue 2-20-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report Walter, the big fish you saw were grass carp. I've seen them on early mornings around the mouth of the cavern on several occassions. I've also seen one dying, then later dead, inside the cave after one of the flood episodes. They seem to spook easily and don't stick around long after people start showing up.

Wow, I'd love to know where to get out of the flow past the chimney -- that's where I usually get CO2 toxic!

Directly at the bottom of the chimney, stay behind the column, then stay to the right of the goldline while heading upstream. Stay as far right as you can cleanly swim and you'll avoid the great majority of the flow.

Or just stay behind the diver in front of you... :D

Or just stay behind the diver in front of you... :D

That's what I did yesterday. Works great!!!

Not sure if you can see it good in the picture...but when Denise and I were diving at JB the first of February, I was gearing up in the water and turned around...and there was a big dead grass carp floating by. Not sure if you can tell in the picture how big he is...but he was a pretty good size.

deadfish.jpg

the big fish you saw were grass carp. I've seen them on early mornings around the mouth of the cavern on several occassions. I've also seen one dying, then later dead, inside the cave after one of the flood episodes. They seem to spook easily and don't stick around long after people start showing up.

Or just stay behind the diver in front of you...

Have you forgotten that you guys always make me LEAD?

Have you forgotten that you guys always make me LEAD?

And now you know why... :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom