Jamaica-Ocho Rios diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Scuba One. If we decide to do Jamaica, it will definitely be in Negril. I did put in a request for a quote on your website.

We are presently in Aruba and find that it is extremely cost effective, with more reliable weather than other places we've been. The diving is OK, better than Jamaica, not as good as Coz or Grand Cayman.

We are staying in an AirBnb and paying $60 a night. We cook maybe half our meals and eat out the rest of the time. Very low $$$ way to travel, cheapest trip we've been on other than local ones where we have taken our RV.

I'm uploading a video for friends now, you can take a look if you like (may take a few minutes to go live after I post)

We are presently in Aruba and find that it is extremely cost effective"

Thanks for the tip, we've never really thought about Aruba with Bonaire and Curacao right there. Do you do a lot of shore diving or boats or both?

I also think the diving in Negril is good . Can't beat the all-inclusive Sandals !
Sea Dwellers

We went to Negri for many years, diving sucks sorry but it does. To many years of abuse, yes it gets better each year but still 50 shades of brown. But the fun factor blew most elsewhere away. We went to a low key laid back local known as Hedo 2. If you want fun with a diving option JA works but as a dive vacation not so much.

We went to Negri for many years, diving sucks sorry but it does. To many years of abuse, yes it gets better each year but still 50 shades of brown. But the fun factor blew most elsewhere away. We went to a low key laid back local known as Hedo 2. If you want fun with a diving option JA works but as a dive vacation not so much.

Not sure when was the last time you were there, but here is an album of the pictures I took during our stay of December 2015. Please notice that these are untouched/unedited from a Sealife DC 1400 with strobe. I would respectfully disagree with your "50 shades of brown".

I just returned from Ocho Rios side, and well the bigger sealife is more sparse, we did have a number of larger sea encounters - sharks, gigantic sea turtles, and rays of all sorts. This was at Couples TI, and was a reasonable trip for the money and being all inclusive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom