Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful News Marci, when you have him home I can come over and do a photoshoot!

Marci:
I only recently found this thread, but I have often seen your avatar and it always brings back memories of my daughter's time in NICU. She was born 8 weeks premature and was in NICU for four weeks before coming home. We were very lucky in that she had very few complications- a couple of days of oxygen, a couple of days of jaundice and a couple of weeks of tube feeding, but otherwise it was pretty clear sailing. She is now 3.

I can certainly understand what a stressful haul this has been. It was a stressful month for us, and we had a fairly easy go of it. Our thoughts are definitely with you and Jameson. Hopefully you are a step closer to being able to take him home.
In the meantime, listen carefully to TSandM's comments regarding making the most of your time away from the hospital.

As stressful as the time Jameson spends in hospital is right now, we now realize that our time at home was soooo important as well. We saw the time in NICU as a chance to be one of the few new parents that are able to get a full night's sleep at home during that first month, knowing our baby was being well cared for in our absence. My wife spent her days at the hospital, I spent the evenings, but we always made time for ourselves as well.

Sounds like Jameson is on the mend. Every time a tube is or a lead is disconnected, it feels good (for both of you!). I can't wait to read about your feelings when you get to hold him without being tethered to an IV line or monitor. The only better feeling is taking them home...

Best wishes.

BabyDuck:
......i held him for two hours yesterday. it was wonderful!

if that doesnt put a tear to peoples eyes i dont know what will!!

congrats Ms Duck and keep going little man!!!!! theres a world of postive thoughts out here and i believe they are making their way to him

cheers (and still cheering for poo)

:fruit:

Happy dance! Happy dance!

Glad to hear things are progressing

GO JAMESON!

Big hugs to you both!
Ber :lilbunny:

day before yesterday he was extubated & did great breathing-wise. wasn't quite enough to keep his lungs open, though, and his blood gas wasn't good, and he got reintubated - but that's a step in the right direction, too! they'll try again in a little while, maybe a week.

the tummy incision is looking great! ok, it looks great to me & the staff...pretty much anyone else would run in horror. but it's all skinned over & not weeping anywhere & not crusty.

he's up to 5ml/hr of feeds, about a third of what he needs in total, so that's going pretty well. so is the pumping - i'm starting to make enough to feed a small nation! his sedation is coming down slowly & is at 3.5 mcg/kg/hr.

there's a crib toy that plays soft music & has fish & bubbles. when he's awake, he really seems to like it, just like should be happening at a week old.

he's getting there! continued thanks to everyone for the support. if i hadn't had you all to talk to, i'd have had a *much* rougher time.

BabyDuck:
day before yesterday he was extubated & did great breathing-wise. wasn't quite enough to keep his lungs open, though, and his blood gas wasn't good, and he got reintubated - but that's a step in the right direction, too! they'll try again in a little while, maybe a week.

the tummy incision is looking great! ok, it looks great to me & the staff...pretty much anyone else would run in horror. but it's all skinned over & not weeping anywhere & not crusty.

he's up to 5ml/hr of feeds, about a third of what he needs in total, so that's going pretty well. so is the pumping - i'm starting to make enough to feed a small nation! his sedation is coming down slowly & is at 3.5 mcg/kg/hr.

there's a crib toy that plays soft music & has fish & bubbles. when he's awake, he really seems to like it, just like should be happening at a week old.

he's getting there! continued thanks to everyone for the support. if i hadn't had you all to talk to, i'd have had a *much* rougher time.

Sounds like all good stuff to me. Just needs to be a bit stronger before the tube comes out. This is starting to sound like the show ER - extubated, intubated, etc.

You may have to change professions. By the time he gets out of the hospital all of this stuff will be second nature to you. "Nurse BabyDuck, may I have a 5mm..." :)

:hugs:

Thanks for the update...
I can't wait to meet this young fella.
Prayer lamp remains lit.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom