Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck:
day before yesterday he was extubated & did great breathing-wise. wasn't quite enough to keep his lungs open, though, and his blood gas wasn't good, and he got reintubated - but that's a step in the right direction, too! they'll try again in a little while, maybe a week.

the tummy incision is looking great! ok, it looks great to me & the staff...pretty much anyone else would run in horror. but it's all skinned over & not weeping anywhere & not crusty.

he's up to 5ml/hr of feeds, about a third of what he needs in total, so that's going pretty well. so is the pumping - i'm starting to make enough to feed a small nation! his sedation is coming down slowly & is at 3.5 mcg/kg/hr.

there's a crib toy that plays soft music & has fish & bubbles. when he's awake, he really seems to like it, just like should be happening at a week old.

he's getting there! continued thanks to everyone for the support. if i hadn't had you all to talk to, i'd have had a *much* rougher time.

Keep hanging in there hun, your almost there!!! He'll go home when Drake is born :D

ah, but i *am* a nurse. mainly labor & delivery, though i've done nursery *and* nicu. :D

that's been very helpful and very painful - by knowing what they're saying, i know what they're not saying. not having to concentrate on learning the language meant i could concentrate on the horrible statistics i know firsthand. blessing & curse...

colin, carlos need stork speedos when drake's here!

I'm still hanging in here for you both. Things sound like they are getting better every day.

Hang in there Marci, don't forget I want to be the Official ScubaBoard Photographer when the time is right!

BabyDuck:
colin, carlos need stork speedos when drake's here!
Ok, that is just WRONG!!! My first thought was the stork's beak!!!:11:

Scuba_Jenny:
Ok, that is just WRONG!!! My first thought was the stork's beak!!!:11:

Did you see Rick's post about the Kraken? Aye, aye, aye, don't read it if you haven't already, it is even worse :)

Wow, BabyDuck - I can see how being a professional yourself might be both a blessing and a curse. But it also is another reason why Jameson is so lucky to have you for a mom - of course, the main reason is all the love, but when you take him home, you'll also have the clinical skills and experience to give him good care. Me, I'm barely sure which end to put the diaper on!

BabyDuck:
there's a crib toy that plays soft music & has fish & bubbles. when he's awake, he really seems to like it, just like should be happening at a week old.

:fruit:

next, get him an electric guitar so i can teach him how to be a rock and roll star

so you want to be a rock and roll star?
listen close to what i have to say
first you gotta get your tummy to work
then you poo real nice
stop the drug intake

then you get to drink
real breast milk
(you lucky dog, you'll understand one day)

and so your little steps
will take you real far
you're a rock and roll star!

H2Andy:
:fruit:

next, get him an electric guitar so i can teach him how to be a rock and roll star

so you want to be a rock and roll star?
listen close to what i have to say
first you gotta get your tummy to work
then you poo real nice
stop the drug intake

then you get to drink
real breast milk
(you lucky dog, you'll understand one day)

and so your little steps
will take you real far
you're a rock and roll star!

Awe Andy, that wwas sweet :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom