Jan Thiel Dive Op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtlscubadude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello. I have an apartment in the Jan Thiel area booked in February. Looking for a good dive shop. Fundiving Curacao is a short walk, so is Dive Center Scuba Do. Any recommendations? Dive Charter Curacao is also not far away.
Thanks

What is your plan for diving, dive, dive, dive, or dive and chill. All shore, 1/2 and 1/2 or all boat?
If all shore, and dive dive dive and you need gear, I would rent that local, then get tanks at the beach operators on site or nearest one. I did not do any boat dives on Curacao so can't speak to them. All the fills we got from various places were good, 2900 to 3100. We would often get tanks at the onsite shop in the morning hit a site without a shop in then hit a second site with tanks. Repeat in the afternoon. Worked out well

Thanks for the responses. I guess a bit more info from me would be helpful.
I won't be bringing gear, need to rent....
I will be on my own, wife doesn't dive....
So, tagging along with other groups will be necessary.
My plan is to dive most mornings, but not every one. We will be there for about 2 weeks.
Wanted to know if there's any opinions on the shops in that area. Is Fundiving Curacao ok?
Dive Charter sounds like a good group, going to less visited sites.

+1 for dive bus

For the boat dives definitely divecharter. For shore diving trips dive bus could be good (but no personal experience). Dive bus also uses divecharter for their boat dives. So if you want everything in one hand (se rental gear etc) thats an option to. I have good experience with rebeldiving as well. She also does her boat dives with dive charter :) . SSI dedicated dive center - Rebel Diving Curacao

Back
Top Bottom