January anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mchiapetto- see you there. There is a group of 7 of us so far from all over the US. Looking to do some night dives for sure.

We will be at the Scuba Club 1-2-2015 through 1-09-2015 and diving with them. We got a super sweet deal on normal cost for first diver and 1/2 price for second. Wish we could stay longer but work will not allow at the present time. The plan is to get both AOW there and get our total dives up to 50.

I will be back to Cozumel for my annual AI stay at Iberostar Jan 17 to 24; diving with Dressel.

Just back from a week at Blue Angel (my favourite Cozumel hotel :)). An awesome week it was. Dove all the usual suspect sites including Punta Sur. But dove Chun Chacaab for the first time - bumpy boat ride, but great dive - lots of critters big and small, including a turtle the size of a small car!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American divers and friends :)

January? U bet. planning on 6 divers Jan 16-22 . Diving with our favorite DM Ariel and staying at.. not sure. We have been defaulting to Sabor. Anybody stay there recently? Have they fixed the food situation? Its good food, but s l o w and very small portions. The snack/bar grill saves us. Anybody have a recommendation for Iberostar? About the same price, a little further from caletta ..The bungalows seem interesting. We get up , dive all day, come back to the hotel, drink, eat and repeat as many times as possible. We like all inclusive for bigger groups, takes too much planning otherwise.

Also, we are thinking of flying into CZM, diving and then heading over to Akumal for some Cenote action, then leaving out of Cancun. Whats a good way to get from the playa ferry down to Tilum? We usually rent a car in Coz, but its a small car for running back and forth to Caletta, we would need a big SUV to haul all our gear to Akamal. We usually fly into Cancun and use the airport shuttle to take us down to Akamal, rent a small car in Tilum and then use the shuttle to get back to the airport.

Updated with the last few posts. I just confirmed with Aldora and am very excited. It will be my first time diving with them, and I think it will be a great fit for this dive-intensive trip.

MMM; 12/15-practically forever; home; Living Underwater
Mstevens; 12/19-1/4; Casa Suzana; Deep Blue
DeltaWardog; 12/20-1/3; ? ; Scuba Tony
Shadling; 12/21-1/3; Sabor; Aldora
Bearkeley; 12/29-1/10; ? ; Aldora
rossandmaureen; 1/2-1/9; Park Royal; Living Underwater
gfaith; 1/2-1/9; Scuba Club; Scuba Club
diverokc (group of 7); 1/9-1/25; Hotel Cozumel and Amigo's Casa; Dive Paradise
Sasha_RI; 1/10-1/24; Occidental Grand; Tres Pelicanos
fred3798 & Mrs. fred3798; 1/10-1/17; Presidente; Blue XTSea
mchiapetto; 1/10-1/18; Hotel Cozumel; Dive Paradise
Budaman & Budababe; 1/10-1/18; Casa Consuela (own place); ??
QueenTriggerfish; 1/12-1/17; Mi Casa en Cozumel; Aldora
Texas Snowcat (6 divers); 1/16-1/22; maybe Sabor or Iberostar??; DM Ariel
bambino77; 1/17-1/24; Park Royal; Blue XTSea
ASA400 (lds trip); 1/17-1/24; Casa del Mar, ?
wills029; 1/17-1/24; Iberostar; Dressel
darook; last full week; Scuba Club Cozumel; Scuba Club Cozumel?
cicopo; 1/28-2/11; Hotel Cozumel; assorted dive ops

Let me know if I'm missing anything!

Really looking forward to returning to the Iberostar and diving Dressel once again... on the 10th-17th Jan.

This thread needs a little bump (has moved halfway down page THREE), and I'm adding Cutty. So who else has recently booked a January trip? Just imagine how lovely it will be to escape cold weather in January and to have a post-Holidays getaway ...

MMM; 12/15-practically forever; home; Living Underwater
Mstevens; 12/19-1/4; Casa Suzana; Deep Blue
DeltaWardog; 12/20-1/3; ? ; Scuba Tony
Shadling; 12/21-1/3; Sabor; Aldora
Bearkeley; 12/29-1/10; ? ; Aldora
rossandmaureen; 1/2-1/9; Park Royal; Living Underwater
gfaith; 1/2-1/9; Scuba Club; Scuba Club
diverokc (group of 7); 1/9-1/25; Hotel Cozumel and Amigo's Casa; Dive Paradise
Sasha_RI; 1/10-1/24; Occidental Grand; Tres Pelicanos
fred3798 & Mrs. fred3798; 1/10-1/17; Presidente; Blue XTSea
cutty; 1/10-1/17; Iberostar; Dressel
mchiapetto; 1/10-1/18; Hotel Cozumel; Dive Paradise
Budaman & Budababe; 1/10-1/18; Casa Consuela (own place); ??
QueenTriggerfish; 1/12-1/17; Mi Casa en Cozumel; Aldora
Texas Snowcat (6 divers); 1/16-1/22; maybe Sabor or Iberostar??; DM Ariel
bambino77; 1/17-1/24; Park Royal; Blue XTSea
ASA400 (lds trip); 1/17-1/24; Casa del Mar, ?
wills029; 1/17-1/24; Iberostar; Dressel
darook; last full week; Scuba Club Cozumel; Scuba Club Cozumel?
cicopo; 1/28-2/11; Hotel Cozumel; assorted dive ops

I'm booked into the Cozumel Palace from Jan 10-17. Not booked with any operators yet...I should get on that.

Looking like Blue Magic January 8-13, staying at Casa Mexicana. Waiting to see about airfare. Jay

Back
Top Bottom