January Meet, Greet & Invade Point Lobos? :)

What day could you make it?

• Sunday, January 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

still watching to see how this shakes out. i would really like to go. am i reading this right- a registered couple can also have a third diver come under 1 reservation (to make a threesome?)?? that would be great! let me know...

It sounds to me that they only let a third diver under a reservation on an exception basis and not for all reservations.

It sounds to me that they only let a third diver under a reservation on an exception basis and not for all reservations.

That is my understanding also. The rules used to say a team was two or three, and
we'd bring 45 divers for a club event. Then they changed the rules.

Chuck

So Chuck, if we do this again, can one of us make 8-10 reservations? Or would each of us have to make 2 reservations (the max on the web site)? Would calling Debbie instead of using the web for reservations work better?

I run an annual event for Diving Singles at Lobos, and I make all 15 reservations on the
web . I gather up all the pertenant info from the team leaders in advance.
That way only one person has to stay up late. The reservations are given out in
the order the requests are made. If you make a reservation at 12:01 a.m., you
certainly that haven't been made yet. And you are dependent on having to call when
Debbie is there.

Note you can only make two reservations on one form. Nothing says you can't submit
8 forms.

very good-
i will be off line all weekend, but i want to go!
if anyone has a spot, i will gladly fill it.
thanks!

I just got a response from the park:

HI Michael
Unfortunately the dive date you requested
is full.

Thank you,
Fleccia
Dive Reservations
Office Assistant
California State Parks
831-624-4909

Well, looks like I'm out..... I tried..... :(

I just received my denial letter also. So much for that plan. Would not mind tagging along if someone has the space.

I'm a new Monterey local and would like to join this, but it appears booked. If anyone has a spot, please let me know.

Thanks.

mark

I'm a new Monterey local and would like to join this, but it appears booked. If anyone has a spot, please let me know.

Thanks.

mark

Wow..... Sarita.... Maybe we should try to change this location we have so very many that want to join and I know that there is no way I can get everyone in!! :(

Let me know what you think Sara as I also have a new (finally!!) Girlfriend and I cant get her in as well!

I am teaching her open water now!! She is SO awesome!!!

i am fine with changing the locale so that everyone can go. Can reservations with Lobos be changed or do you just loose the fee?

Before we make the change in the site, i would like to know what everyone else feels.

i am fine with changing the locale so that everyone can go. Can reservations with Lobos be changed or do you just loose the fee?

Before we make the change in the site, i would like to know what everyone else feels.

I'm fine with changing the spot so we can all be included. What about Monastery if conditions are good and Breakwater for a backup? Or we can do the 2 dive groups and meet up for dinner plan. Either way is fine with me...I just want to dive and enjoy some good company. :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom