January , where to dive in west Malaysia ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been to Koh Lipe and Koh Tarutao. Marine National Park. I did both Scuba dives and free dives. After 6 scuba, I decided to just free dive since many beautiful soft coral gardens are in shallow waters and some walls drop down start in 8 ft water down to 40-60ft. Spend most dives around 30-40ft so free dive is good enough for me. I very much prefer beaches on Koh Lipe over Koh Tarutao. Koh Lipe is a much beautiful island. Also there is a fishing village and convenient store, and restaurants, which give us choices on where to go for meals.

How much notice is needed for accomadation and boat dives, say if one is coming from Langkawi early February?

Dives you can set up once you're there, but it's high season for accommodation. It's hard to say whether you could just show up and find something in an area where you want to stay. Pattaya Beach has the largest number of rooms, but it's noisy, and I don't like staying there. I like Sunrise Beach, but there are fewer places to stay, so I book ahead.

Thanks Fishnchips. Are you diving Monterey area now? Oh, thats another thread.
I have been to Koh Lipe and Koh Tarutao. Marine National Park. I did both Scuba dives and free dives. After 6 scuba, I decided to just free dive since many beautiful soft coral gardens are in shallow waters and some walls drop down start in 8 ft water down to 40-60ft. Spend most dives around 30-40ft so free dive is good enough for me. I very much prefer beaches on Koh Lipe over Koh Tarutao. Koh Lipe is a much beautiful island. Also there is a fishing village and convenient store, and restaurants, which give us choices on where to go for meals.

Back
Top Bottom