Japan ordered to stop whaling in Antarctic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, Japan is the name of the nation but not all Japanese people agree with their country's whaling efforts. How would you like to be painted with the same brush as Obama just because you live in "America?"

I accept that as a reality, a burden I must bear as a U.S. citizen :wink:

I value many things about the Japanese, and having lived ten years in Honolulu, I think I can safely say I observed the culture can be a little heartless (and very racist btw)

For each negative trait I witnessed, I can name five more that I thought were very positive. So Big Woo

Kim did make some very excellent points about Japanese culture and I really ate it up at the time

UPDATE: The whalers may be back at it again elsewhere and at the Antarctic...in a attenuated form.

Japanese whaling to continue despite court ruling - CNN.com

Again, at the end of the day the corporations which control the fishing industry must make good on their investments related to hardware. The political/propaganda dance to get the Japanese fishing industry to finally stop will take more time. However, this time it's a little different and it will hopefully not be a protracted affair for the UN to make another ruling. This recent decision taking some odd 40 years +.

The key here for environmentalists is to remain active and not get discouraged. At some point keeping up the boats and hardware will not be fiscally sound and the new gen. taking the corporate reins will not be as hard-lined / belligerent as this current generation of ceo's.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom