Japanese diver in Amsterdam seeks buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome happy2dive...fancy meeting you here...glad you stopped by and hope that you will stay awhile. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are ready and willing to help in anyway, all you have to is ask.

Again, welcome to SB.

-ZD

El Orans:
Yeah, I know. We were there around 17:00. Was it you I saw at the back end of the parking lot?

Naw...my buddy and I were gone by about 1400. Had to work an evening shift. We're gonna go back on Tuesday around lunchtime, I think.

DutchDown:
Hi Happy2dive. Welcome to the board
There are quite a few divers from the Netherlands on the board. Several of us are also ex-pats, as well. Try a dive in Holland. The water is cold and dark, so you'll really appreciate the tropics!

Regards,

Phil
Nice to hear from you. Well, the stories about the cold murky waters are enough to make my skin crawl. I've gone swimming in the IJ and in Vinkeveen and well....I think I would rather stick to tropical waters.
So are you from Amsterdam?
Groetjes
Happy2dive

El Orans:
I'm afraid I can't really help you with the romance part but my wife and I will be diving in Vinkeveen this friday afternoon.

Thanks for the offer but I still have my mind set on the Red Sea for later this year. I'm a watje when it comes to cold water. I've gone swimming in high summer in the Vinkeveense plas and I was ccccoooolllldddd.
Jammer about the romance department. Do you know any good-looking international-minded single Dutch (advanced) divers in my area, age plus/min 40? Of heb ik de lat te hoog gelegd?

Groetjes
Didi

Hi H2D,

I live just outside Amsterdam. You're gonna love the Red Sea. I went with some guys in January and it was wonderful. I can't think of any single, good-looking divers at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes open. Most of my buddies and I are attached. Why not join one of the dive clubs to meet people? I belong to McDive, but there are quite a few clubs in the Amsterdam area.

Groetjes,

Phil

happy2dive:
Hello I'm new to this site. I'm a single Japanese scuba girl(Dutch nationality) based in Amsterdam. Are there any divers in my area who are likewise looking for a travel/dive/romance buddy? I prefer diving in tropical waters...so far Gozo and Red Sea. PADI AOW and 40 dives.
You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 15 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

Hi Phil (DutchDown)
I've just come back recently from the Red Sea and I agree, it's great. As for the diving clubs, I've been considering them. However most of the club activities seem to concentrate on local diving. I'll check out McDive. Seems like all the male divers I meet in/around Amsterdam are attached. Murphy's Law....
groetjes
happy2dive

Hi and welcome to the board!
I lived in Amsterdam for 23 years - then I met my Japanese wife there (we were both OW divers then) - we had our honeymoon in Malaysia and in the daytime did several courses together - AOW, Nitrox, Overhead Environment and Rescue. Now we live in Kyushu and dive in Okinawa regularly. It CAN happen! :Kissy:
Meanwhile - enjoy Amsterdam! It's a nice place to be!

Thanks Kim for cheering me up. Yes I like Amsterdam a lot, have my house here, my work, my business, my friends and that could be a problem...so far potential suitors are hailing from thousands of miles away. Still no locals. But then again, like you, if you meet the right person...relocating could be an option.

Back
Top Bottom