Japanese speaking instructor in Mindoro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antarctic-Adventurer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I will be in Mindoro from 25th October for about 12 days and I will be with a Japanese girl who wants to get her Open Water Licence. Anyone here know of a Japanese speaking instructor in Mindoro? She can speak some English, and I speak good Japanese so I could translate everything anyway but it is always better to learn something in one's native language. I would teach her myself but I am just a lowly DM, :wink:

Long shot but putting it out there. We'll definitely be coming so it is a guaranteed sale one way or another.

Give me a shout if you know of anyone or are an instructor who can teach in Japanese yourself.

:crafty:

dont know about puerto galera but i know one in anilao. George Nakano who owns pacifico azul is a CMAS instructuctor and caters mostly to japanese divers.

dont know about puerto galera but i know one in anilao. George Nakano who owns pacifico azul is a CMAS instructuctor and caters mostly to japanese divers.

Thanks for the hookup. I think she wants to get her PADI rather than CMAS (Pretty standard in Japan), but I will bear George Nakano in mind if I can't find someone in Puerto Galera.

:)

Hi,
I will be in Mindoro from 25th October for about 12 days and I will be with a Japanese girl who wants to get her Open Water Licence. Anyone here know of a Japanese speaking instructor in Mindoro?
:crafty:

I do not know of any Japanese-speaking instructors on Puerto Galera but I may have a couple of leads that may help you find a solution to your dilemma:
1. When I stayed at Lalaguna Beach Resort on Big Lalaguna (Puerto Galera), the next door resort catered mostly to Koreans. That resort is called "Diving Park". Website: DIVINGPARK-RESORT . They probably know a dive instructor who can speak Japanese.

2. There is a dive resort located in Anilao, Batangas (across from PG) called Sunbeam Marine Sports. Web: Anilao Divers - Sunbeam My research seems to tell me that it is owned and operated by a Japanese businessman. They have an office in Makati and the resort is in Anilao. They may know of a Japanese speaking instructor on PG. Or, they may know of a Japanese-speaking instructor who can be on PG to certify your friend. Or, just consider spending a couple of days on their resort in Anilao to get her (your friend) certified and then hop on a ferry to PG. That way, you get to enjoy Anilao and PG.

Just my 2-psi...

Last edited:
So tickets booked! Oct 24th-Nov 5th, two weeks. :D

Thanks for all the recommendations. Rick of Frontier Scuba, PG, says he can teach in Japanese which may work fine if he is fluent enough. Anyone had any dealings with his outfit?

I do not know of any Japanese-speaking instructors on Puerto Galera but I may have a couple of leads that may help you find a solution to your dilemma:
1. When I stayed at Lalaguna Beach Resort on Big Lalaguna (Puerto Galera), the next door resort catered mostly to Koreans. That resort is called "Diving Park". Website: DIVINGPARK-RESORT . They probably know a dive instructor who can speak Japanese.

2. There is a dive resort located in Anilao, Batangas (across from PG) called Sunbeam Marine Sports. Web: Anilao Divers - Sunbeam My research seems to tell me that it is owned and operated by a Japanese businessman. They have an office in Makati and the resort is in Anilao. They may know of a Japanese speaking instructor on PG. Or, they may know of a Japanese-speaking instructor who can be on PG to certify your friend. Or, just consider spending a couple of days on their resort in Anilao to get her (your friend) certified and then hop on a ferry to PG. That way, you get to enjoy Anilao and PG.

Just my 2-psi...

Thanks Joe, I will check them out. Is it worth diving in Anilao? I had heard that PG was quite a lot better. Will make the stop over if it is worth it though.

jigo is correct. At Pacific Azul in anialo, George Nakano caters to the Japanese crowd. He is a very good friend and I'm sure he may be able to help you out.

Thanks Blue Steal. I have taken a look at George's sites, but can't seem to find a contact email for him. Do you happen to know his email address? I would like to send him an email. :cool2:

Octopus divers is a german divingoutfit wich have a connection to a japanes divinginstructor who teaches in japan and brings over his students to do there dives , i would check them out.
Regards Frank

Thanks Joe, I will check them out. Is it worth diving in Anilao? I had heard that PG was quite a lot better. Will make the stop over if it is worth it though.

I am sure others will also agree that it is worth your while to dive Anilao. However, IMHO, if you are doing your O/W course, I would prefer PG where the shallow water viz is better compared to Anilao. Not that O/W poor viz is not good for training but it just makes diving more fun and enjoyable if you are in clearer water with soft white sand compared to rocks. The Anilao shoreline has lots of sea life to offer including a good collection of macro life. Remote Anilao sites have better viz plus chances of encountering slightly larger animal life. If you don't have much time to spare, by all means head out to PG and skip Anilao. There are a lot of sites at PG to fill in your entire week. If you are looking for an advanced dive, Verde Island, from what I have read and heard, is spectacular. I can't remember exactly how long it takes to get to Verde Island but it certainly is longer than an hour.

Back
Top Bottom