Japanese speaking instructor in Mindoro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sure others will also agree that it is worth your while to dive Anilao. However, IMHO, if you are doing your O/W course, I would prefer PG where the shallow water viz is better compared to Anilao. Not that O/W poor viz is not good for training but it just makes diving more fun and enjoyable if you are in clearer water with soft white sand compared to rocks. The Anilao shoreline has lots of sea life to offer including a good collection of macro life. Remote Anilao sites have better viz plus chances of encountering slightly larger animal life. If you don't have much time to spare, by all means head out to PG and skip Anilao. There are a lot of sites at PG to fill in your entire week. If you are looking for an advanced dive, Verde Island, from what I have read and heard, is spectacular. I can't remember exactly how long it takes to get to Verde Island but it certainly is longer than an hour.

Great good to know. I have read about Verde Island in the Jackson's Dive Guide to the Philippines. Was hoping to dive there while the girl gets her OW. Seems that there is plenty to keep my interest for 12 days (diving wise) in PG.

.... Is it worth diving in Anilao? I had heard that PG was quite a lot better. Will make the stop over if it is worth it though...

I really like Anilao... I definitely will go back there at some point... can't say the same about PG (maybe). Having said that if you haven't been, PG is a great place with lots of varied diving.

I did a 2 week trip last year, spending Sunday-Friday at Anilao and Friday-Wednesday diving at PG. Anilao still had places I wanted to dive, I could not say the same for PG. After 6 days I felt I had dived all the good sites there (with the exception of a side trip to Verde Island which is another story). I like the vibe at Anilao better... much more laid back :) My interests also tend more towards u/w photography and Anilao is world-renowned for that :)

Depending on how many dives a day you do, you'll be doing some sites multiple times if you're going to have 12 dive days. Some of them of course are worth doing more than once :wink: I wouldn't personally plan more than a week in PG, but then I usually do 4 dives a day when I'm on a trip :wink:

Tanoshin de kudasai! :)

Back
Top Bottom