Jax - St. Auggie dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JaxDvr

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I do not see a thread for conditions for offshorer Jax, but if anyone is interested::pirate2:

We rode out 35 miles to the Bear Wreck Site, blue water up top, visibility so low on bottom, I busted my lip hitting the bottom on decent. Came in to Desco reef, terrible thermocline, could not find the structure we were looking for with less than 5 ft vis, Came further in to Nine Mile Reef, found structure, but the vis was terrible, less than 10' for sure.

Could someone please PM me when this murk clears!!!:dot:

I heard this morning the vis was better past 125'.I'll be home in a few weeks from diving to go diving at home and tell you how it is out deep.The inshore in the summer is usually beat anyway.1000 boat tourneys and Bayliner/Regal/pontoon baot jockeys are common on every inshore reef.

110days, you are right on the money!! we had a king fish boat slow troll right between us and our diver. I have a big 36x32" dive flag and a marker bouy with a dive flag. they trolled with a down rigger between us and the bouy. Still, 35 miles out we were in 110' cuz we thought we could get out to some cleaner water (especially with the ground swell from the storm offshore.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom