Jean-Michel Cousteau to Give Quest Lecture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiver03

Registered
Reaction score
Jean-Michel Cousteau to Give Quest Lecture

CASA Social Event that you might be interested in. Let's simply see each other there at Elmhurst College Sunday 21 September 7 PM at Elmhurst College. Seating is limited so please get there to get seated-first come, first served. I will try to post this on Scuba Board when I have time.

Best Regards and Peace! : )

Babak ~

"Jean-Michel Cousteau to Give Quest Lecture
The ocean explorer, environmentalist and educator will present "The Great Ocean Adventure" on Sept. 21.

This fall, Elmhurst College will welcome oceanographer, activist and explorer, Jean-Michel Cousteau to deliver its annual Quest Lecture.

His talk, titled “The Great Ocean Adventure,” will begin at 7:00 p.m. Sunday, September 21 in Elmhurst College’s Hammerschmidt Memorial Chapel. Admission is free and the public is welcome. As reservations are not required, seating is limited and available on a first come first served basis.

For more than four decades, Cousteau has used his vast experience to communicate his love and concern for the ocean. Since first being “thrown overboard” at age seven by his father (ocean explorer Jacques-Yves Cousteau) with newly invented scuba gear on his back, Cousteau has been exploring the seas.

He spent much of his life with his family exploring the world’s oceans and founded Ocean Futures Society (a non-profit marine conservation and education organization) in 1999 to carry on the pioneering work of his parents.

An experienced filmmaker, Cousteau has produced over 70 films, and has been awarded the Emmy, the Peabody Award, the 7 d’Or (the French equivalent of the Emmy), and the Cable ACE Award.

Named to honor the late Elmhurst alumnus Roland Quest (an engineer, Class of 1936), The Quest Lecture brings outstanding speakers to Elmhurst to present new ideas and contribute to the intellectual vitality of the community.

Previous Quest Lecturers include Sally Ride (the first American woman in space), Anna Quindlen (author and journalist), and Robert Ballard (discoverer of the wrecked Titanic).

For more information call (630) 617-3033."

It seems to me I saw my friend Jean-Michel give a talk there back in the early 1980's when I was doing a consulting job in the Chicago area. Could it have been the same lecture series?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom