Jellyfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love pickled jellyfish!! Yum yum yummy

Jellyfish is a weird texture. When I had it, felt like soft noodles in the mouth, but when you bit it crunched like celery. Was in a Chinese restaurant. Do not know if pickled. Not much taste.

Jellyfish is a weird texture. When I had it, felt like soft noodles in the mouth, but when you bit it crunched like celery. Was in a Chinese restaurant. Do not know if pickled. Not much taste.

You're describing the texture correctly but it should have also been a bit spicy and had a tang.

I've had it in a bowl in Chinese restaurants and on a sushi in Japanese restaurants . Very delicious to me. Difficult to come by here at home but can almost get my fill in Singapore. :)

Last edited:
Yum. Jellyfish salad.

One of my favorite dives was around a jetty. Not much to see except for the comb jellyfish and silversides. It was a daytime dive but when I shone my dive light on them their bioilluminescense came out. It was neat to see it. Made up for an otherwise boring dive.

This is not my picture but representative of what I saw by the dozens:

biolum-1.jpg

The texture of jellyfish is as described. Had jellyfish salad many times in vietnamese restaurants. I liken it to the texture that you would think of if you ate you own ear. Soft at first with a bit of a crunch at the end. Sorry for the visual.

It would be on my list of one of the best things I ever ate.

I'll go along with it being one of the best things I've ever eaten but can't get behind your descriptor. LOL

I just wish I knew what kind of jellyfish they use for it. Are there so many of these type of jellyfish thst one need never be concerned that they're endangered? Probably no big thing at all but I don't eat grouper, if you get me.

Back
Top Bottom