Jet Fin Sizing Question - Old vs New XXL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lefty17

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a set of used jet fins for use with my drysuit and after reading a bunch of threads about sizing, they're obviously difficult to size. It appears at some point Scubapro added a new XXL size and changed the old XXL into the current XXXL.

I wear a size 13 Chuck Taylor and it's pretty clear the XL is not going to fit. My question is, is there a way to tell a difference between the old XXL and the new XXL? It doesn't sound like to many people in my size range had success with the old XXL (new XXXL).

Thanks for any help

Yes the old XXL is very tall and wide, almost so that you can put a combat boot straight into it. The new XXL is about as tall as an XL but a lot wider. Hope this was helpful!

Thanks! That does help some. Are there any markings different between them or do you know what year scubapro added the new xxl?

I do not know the exact year they changed it up I want to say those bigger sizes both came out about 10 years ago.

I wear a size 14 combat boot and can easily fit in my old style xxl jet fins...

Thanks! That does help some. Are there any markings different between them or do you know what year scubapro added the new xxl?

They became available during the summer of 2010. They have a unique sku (SP-25.352.050) on the packaging but not molded into the fins.

My shoe size is 10.50 EEE US. Used with a size large Santi E.Lite flexsole.
Shoe size is a guide only. I'm far from a 13"-14" shoe size. You need to fit fins with what you are going to use. The pocket flexes but doesn't expand.

Approximately 3.75" by 4.50"

20150226_192346.jpg20150226_192750.jpg20150226_193209.jpg

Thanks DM, great info! I wonder if the marking of XX-Large vs XXL on the inside of the fin is a giveaway. I saw pics of some older ones marked XXL and yours are XX-Large.

Lefty17, I would bet your correct. I remember the old XXL (XXXL) was huge. Do you have a shop near you that carries Jet fins? If so, take your suit or shoes that you use for diving to try them on.

I don't think any of the scubpro dealers around here are stocking jet fins. The couple I have been in have looked at me cross eyed that I would want jet fins.

I try really hard to always have at least 3 pairs in stock. In many ways its still our best selling fin to anyone above their first certification. After they are done with plastic fins with adjustable buckles they want something a little more easy to put on and take off with much more power. They really do dive awesome in almost any water condition. Does take a little bit of leg strength and athleticism tho...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom