Jet fins vs Apeks RK3 fins....thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jets are pretty negative. I think RK3s are pretty close to neutral. I have 3 different sets of fins I use depending on how heavy (or not) I want my feet to be. I would think you would be best served to first identify what you need, regarding fin buoyancy. Then choose accordingly.

I use Hollis F1 when I need really negative (e.g. in a drysuit). My XLs are 2# negative, in fresh water.

I use Hollis F1 LT when I need somewhat negative (e.g. in a wetsuit and doubles or a wetsuit and single tank sometimes). I have size Regular and they are 1# negative in fresh water.

I use Deep6 Eddy when I need something neutral (e.g. in a wetsuit and single tank other times, or in sidemount). I have size Large and they are just about exactly neutral in fresh water.

The Eddy fins are awesome, and they are the shortest and lightest of all my fins.

The Hollis and Deep6 fins both have a very comfortable foot pocket. No break-in required. The Jet fins have a foot pocket that is rectangular (in cross section). My feet are not rectangular, so it is hard for me to imagine how the Jet foot pockets could be as comfortable as the other fins, which have foot pockets that are actually shaped like my feet. But, I have not actually tried Jets, so I can't really say I know for sure.

No, As low as I can make them and still reach the valves. I am head heavy on a twinset, hence the F1 fins. I only really dive a twinset if taking in novices so maybe I should give it another go in a lake with different fins as well as different undersuits, but 8 have the F1s and they work so I probably will not bother. Also it helps with the bag A of CCR kit and bag B of OC kit if the fins at the bottom are different.

My point to the OP is that we can’t tell him if fins are any good, Unless they are truly awful, I have some of those but forget the brand.
Ok yes. I actually meant to say the twinning bands as far up on your cylinders as possible.

Back
Top Bottom