Jetstream adjustment.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
Recently went diving and to my amazement my Jetsteam second stage would not seat upon opening the air.

I was shocked.

A friend of mine just used this same reg. in Cozumel with no problems. I didn't touch it since then and I know he didn't adjust anything.

I opened up the second stage and with a needle nose pliers dialed down the pilot valve so it didn't always push against the diaphram.

It worked perfectly. I had to do it to both primary and secondary.

Here are my questions:

1. Did I do this correctly?

2. Why did the second stages loose their tuning?

Thanks
Mike

........a well timed question, as I'm about to take a couple of my Odin/Jetstreams with me to Cozumel July 18th........which I dove only a week ago and seemed just fine then.......so I'd love to know the 'answer' to your problem as well.

Karl

First of all,

Two questions:

#1-- Are you a service tech for Poseidon???

#2-- How exactly did you "dial down the pilot valve" with needle nose pliers?

There is a screw that holds the lower of end of chamber where the pilot valve sits on. This screw needs to be tight, in order to not lose the adjustment.

How it would get so out of whack without someone messing with it, I have not a clue.

I would have a service tech take a look at your second stage...

Buff,

1. you basically did the right thing......just dont overdo it.
2. dont know why it came loose.....someone might have screwed it out....anyway, after you get satisfactory results...lock it in by tightenning the small allen screw (the screw that you can see when you peek inside the moutpiece) so that it wont rotate an loosen up again.

I figured what I did was correct.

I did try to tighten the Allen screw in the mouthpiece but I didn't have an Allen wrench that size.

I am suprised how far out of adjustment it went.

I was relieved how easy it was to readjust.

I was happy to see my dive buddy eagerly accept it after I worked on it-great confidence in my mechanical skills. We only dove in 8-15 feet of water. He even asked if I would sell it to him he liked it so much.

buff once bubbled...
I figured what I did was correct.

I did try to tighten the Allen screw in the mouthpiece but I didn't have an Allen wrench that size.

I am suprised how far out of adjustment it went.

I was relieved how easy it was to readjust.

I was happy to see my dive buddy eagerly accept it after I worked on it-great confidence in my mechanical skills. We only dove in 8-15 feet of water. He even asked if I would sell it to him he liked it so much.

glad that it turned out ok.....sell him and get the newer models? lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom