Jettyfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water will most likely be in the 40's... so I hope it is a thick wetsuit, oh and might suggest not going very deep.

I've dove in 39 degree water in my semi-dry suit, and actually been warm, as long as I am no deeper than around 25 ft.

40s?!?!? Does the gulf really get that cold? Even in a dry suit that's too cold for me. Yes, I'm spoiled! I'll venture into water that cold for a wreck or cave, but... Might head down just to hang out anyway.

40s?!?!? Does the gulf really get that cold? Even in a dry suit that's too cold for me. Yes, I'm spoiled! I'll venture into water that cold for a wreck or cave, but... Might head down just to hang out anyway.

The gulf doesn't... coldest I have for the last three years is 56 degrees, but the bays are another story.

Run off can be very, very cold water. The rains we are having right now are in the 30's, so you can expect that water to warm up into the 40's by the time it gets to the gulf.

Cold nights and fairly shallow water also make it a bit cooler.

They have had ice on the back bays this year.

Coldest I have seen it is 44 degrees, not sure how close that is to a record, and it tends to warm fairly quickly.

Given the rains and the forecast for the next week, would expect something fairly cool...

Neat thing is, not many divers in Florida can say they have ever been diving in below 50 degrees...

With luck, it might be 50 though.

Sadly, around 50 is not cold enough to get the whole really cold water experience...it needs to be below 40 for that...darn.

I've been in 44 degree water. That was cold enough for me!

Pickens is in the 50's rights now, Is Panama City that much of a difference?

Maybe i'll bring the drysuit and just wear my wetsuit underneath it :p The neck is a little big on me now so I get little leaks, nothing too bad. Or I could duct tape it!

Pickens is in the 50's rights now, Is Panama City that much of a difference?

Maybe i'll bring the drysuit and just wear my wetsuit underneath it :p The neck is a little big on me now so I get little leaks, nothing too bad. Or I could duct tape it!

Would not expect so.... just that Pickens also will drop with cold rain and cold nights...right now Panama City shows 55 F... just keep an eye on it as the week goes by.

I feel your pain, I'm stuck in northern Kentucky for 12 weeks! The high for today is 25 degrees :shakehead: so I might be able to do some ice diving before I leave.

Back
Top Bottom