Jill Has A Very Bad Cave Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen that happen before when folks switch from PST to Faber cylinders ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

old LP104 PSTs (-5#) and newer PSTs (-0#) as well.

PSTs and worthingtons (-2# i think) is a bit smaller difference.

Sorry, I can't believe she took off on you after all that, even if you think it's ok. You wasted time searching and you could have gotten into trouble also - though I understand sometimes you prefer to do some cave systems alone, you're prepared for that, you had plenty of gas and you're each responsible for yourself in the end. She also could have gotten into trouble again and she had less gas left than you to deal with it and it sounds like she was frazzled. She must have still been extremely freaked out to take off like that.

Did you get separated before finding the line? Her actions seem to make more sense if you guys were already separated, she found the line first and followed it, not knowing where you were at the time...

I just read your last posting. My cave instructor has a saying along the lines of "don't ever give up". That being, " it is not a true emergency until you take that last breath of air. The rest is an inconvenience". One thing he drills into us is Tom Mount's philosophy that "only you can think for you & only you can swim for you". When training under him, he made the course as difficult as he safely could do. As you stated, it is only when you get into the real "oh, ****" moment, you really learn. That has been a very good blog. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks for the posts, very informative.

Back
Top Bottom