Jill Heinerth training video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really....There's plenty of single tank Intro. to Cave divers out there. Why wouldn't they be allowed in a cave as long as they dive within the limits of their certification/experience??

There might be plenty of them out there, but realistically, there's not many diving in the common FL caves. I've been cave diving about three years now, averaging about one trip every couple weeks, and I don't think I've ever seen one yet.

In my opinion, it's another one of those ideas that sounds great in theory, but doesn't work in the long run, kind of like the people who get into BPW's and figure they can get one wing that works for both singles and doubles. That's why you see people selling their Y & H valves on a regular basis. They realize that if you are going to cave dive, you need two tanks.

John

... That's why you see people selling their Y & H valves on a regular basis...
HHaarrr! And why you see 'em buyin' 'em back when they turn 65!
Jest hide & watch, young feller.
In fact, I have a couple of sets of LP104's I'll trade to anyone for a couple of sets of LP85's...
:)
Rick

HHaarrr! And why you see 'em buyin' 'em back when they turn 65!
Jest hide & watch, young feller.
.Rick

They have this new lighter tank setup now.

It is called a REE-BREE-THER. :cool2:

i guess if they're not getting caught with blow these days cave instructors aren't doing half bad.

Of all the posts that I read from this thread,this has to be the most ill thought post that has personal consequences attached to it.

They have this new lighter tank setup now.

It is called a REE-BREE-THER. :cool2:
Well, yeah, that option's out there too...
:)
Rick

I hesitate to even throw 2 cents at this thread, but FWIW, I contacted Jill a few months back about doing Cavern/Intro training with her. That conversation quickly turned to choosing the right set of doubles, as she gently discouraged me from embarking on even basic cave training without a twinset because it leaves you with less options in emergencies, and then you STILL have to make the leap into doubles.

I've since done a cavern course in a single tank, and plan on transitioning to doubles and getting as proficient (or better) in the cavern zone (obviously in OW first) as I am now in a single tank before going on. It's gonna be a slow process, but I think it will be worth it.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom