Question Jmar Compressor Oil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sailing Infidel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Buenos Dias, I am in Mexico and need compressor oil for my old Jmar. Specs say to use Jmar EP65 oil only. Anyone here know where I can get such oil in Mexico. I'm in Ensenada at the moment but will be sailing south to Cabo San Lucas, though it would be best to find some here.
Failing that, are there any alternatives?
Edit: I found a dive shop here and they have Baur 0024 oil. I wonder if that matches the older Jmar EP65?

Muchos Gracias!

Buenos Dias, I am in Mexico and need compressor oil for my old Jmar. Specs say to use Jmar EP65 oil only. Anyone here know where I can get such oil in Mexico. I'm in Ensenada at the moment but will be sailing south to Cabo San Lucas, though it would be best to find some here.
Failing that, are there any alternatives?
Edit: I found a dive shop here and they have Baur 0024 oil. I wonder if that matches the older Jmar EP65?

Muchos Gracias!
Is this a Jordaire compressor?

Specs say to use Jmar EP65 oil only.
Not enough info on your compressor or the required oil spec but to kick off try Jordair JDRJ-EP65-1
JDRJ-EP65-1

Its an eye watering $47 a litre for a mineral based oil (when compared to a high quality industrial oxygen compressor at $5 a litre ) but at least it within your required spec.

Muchos Gracias!

No this is not suitable for your compressor it is a synthetic based lubricant. Totally unsuitable for various reasons.

Okay, thanks for the link. That would be the stuff. Now the trick will be finding it in Ensenada.
I am curious what the various reasons would be that the other is incompatible? Seals is the only thing I can think of.

Okay, thanks for the link. That would be the stuff. Now the trick will be finding it in Ensenada.
I am curious what the various reasons would be that the other is incompatible? Seals is the only thing I can think of.
It is interesting that this document CAPITANO/MARINER “H” SERIES GAS/DIESEL-DRIVE ... shows J-EP65 or J-C751 synthetic. The -1 at the end is how many liters, it is also available as a -4, 4 liters. I suspect the leading J just stands for Jmac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom