Joe Clarks Quarry Navigation course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyfrogman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, i've created the Following out of wood for a navigation course at falling rock park

CabinCruiser->(space for bearing and distance)
Police Car->(space for bearing and distance)
Platform-> ( space for bearing and distance)

We just need to etch in the bearing and distance and place them.

I figured we could place a 2x4 on a training platform using zip ties then place the first sign to

the closest cabin cruiser ( maybe the one that's upsidedown)
then at that boat place the one for the police car
then back to the platform.

I've got some folks wanting to help, but I'm planning on going out 9/22 about 11am,
bring my generator and some tools so I can finish the signs at the quarry.

I figured Zip ties would last longer and be easier to manipulate in place.

Anyone want to join us that would be great, We will have three signs plus bearings to take. I'm not going to be diving that day, just completing the signs, so divers are needed. I'll bring some extra lumber in the event we want a few more sites along the way to big itmes.

Ideas and company welcome.

Good idea!!

:eyebrow:hmmm, crpntr, stands for " Carpenter" if so, I could learn a few things from you on this........

:eyebrow:hmmm, crpntr, stands for " Carpenter" if so, I could learn a few things from you on this........

Actually it stands for CaRP iNTeRpreter. Or is that CRaP extermiNaToR? Or was it CReeP iN TRaining? Oh, I can't remember. :D

LOL.... I won't touch that one yet, maybe after I meet him, I can rag on him a bit.. Som you can speak Fish, wow... Do you know whale?

You can rag on me all you want. Just remember that I dish it out as well.
Jim, I don't know about that second interpretation..CRaP extermiNaToR? The only way I would ever be accused of exterminating crap is because I stir it. I don't think that exterminates it.

Yep I am a carpenter by trade, 18 yrs worth. Sorry but I can't make it down to FRP to help. Next time in the water will be mid October. If I can be of any help via PM feel free to shoot away.

sorry you can't make it, Thanks for your offer to help via questions though.

Still looking for any volunteers to help on Sat 9/22 for about 2 hrs.

Thanks LL, See you next Sat about 11? chuck was also in, but I was not sure if he could make it on 9/22. I will not be bringing my dive gear, so hopefully we will hae another to help you place them for me.

Back
Top Bottom