Jordan water temperatures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering whether I can get away with my usual 3mm in February or March in Jordan, I understand that’s quite unlikely in Egyptian Red Sea at that time, but read someplace that Jordan’s temperatures are consistently reasonable. Any info? My definition of “reasonable” is somewhere around 24 degrees C.
Looking for somewhere that’s not the Caribbean or the Philippines, not too hard to reach, with landside appeal.

water temps won't get up to 24°C untill late May. Expect Temps around 20°C. Drysuit is ideal, 7mm wetsuit is OK for 2 dives a day, if you also do a night dive expect to be cold with a 7mm wetsuit.

Michael

I dove there in December last year (29 dec) and the water was 21. It will remain as such until the summer. I was fine with a 3mm wetsuit there and did multiple dives per day for an hour each. But as always, tolerance may vary :wink:

Edit. If you need a shop recommendation PM me.

I dived there during February 2011, and the water temps were 22C.

I returned later in October that year and the temperatures were 26C.

Amman airport that year was not very UW camera friendly and I had some issues with batteries in my hand luggage as well. I've not been back since in a diving capacity so I don't know if anyone has more recent experience there with UW camera gear.

I was on the Israeli side in May, and the temperatures was 23 degrees down to 30 metres. Earlier on in the same month, I was measuring 21 degrees, but that was down at 75 metres, so I wouldn't worry about that...

Thanks all! Sounds like May through October might be a better bet for me. I will see what year that can happen. If I still need desperately to get out of town in February, I will look elsewhere.

Reactions: FT
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom