jpsexton needs a better buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Work continued on jpsexton's AOW certification today. We started with a night dive around 5:00 a.m. which lasted a little over an hour. With the cover of darkness, and with only the illumination of our flashlights, parts of the dive seemed like we were in a cave. Overall an interesting and fun dive even if it was a bit cool when we exited the water a little after 6:00 a.m.:D

Later in the morning we headed out on the navigation dive and this is where poor ol' JP ran into problems. He navigated just fine while maintaining excellent control of his bouyancy and keeping an eye on his buddy. Its a good thing he was watching that buddy 'cuz this guy had "problems":11: It all occured on the fourth and final leg of the compass course--the buddy "ran OOA". JP quickly and efficiently handled the situation and resumed the compass heading. Next thing JP knows the buddy has "lost" his mask and see in the murky waters of the quarry. Once again JP handles the situation nicely and continues on with this final leg of the navigation dive. Finally reaching the the destination JP is confronted with an unconscious buddy under one of the platforms. During the retrieval of his unconscious buddy the situation suddenly morphs into another buddy "OOA" situation. Once again JP handles it all quickly and smoothly.

Job well done JP!!! But you really could use a better buddy:D

I had a great time yesterday! I really enjoyed the night dive, thats surely something I will be doing more of in the future!

As many times as I have tried to navigate to that cop car on the first leg of the course and failed, you can't even imagine how happy I was when that big white car apperaed out of the murk. After that the worst buddy in the world could'nt have stopped me! :D

Five down, one to go!:wink:

Congratulations John! After Saturday's dive I know you were really concerned about being able to nail the navigation dive. Good job!!

Congratulations JP!!! I knew you could do it! :wink:

Remind me NEVER to buddy up with jbd, your lucky he had problems
getting his manifold for the doubles! :D

John--Have you found the dive plan for dive # 6? At least the part you know of:wink: I've got the "issues" part under control:D

I can tell right now, this is going to be a gas management nightmare! :11:

John, how about figuring in some stage bottles for this one! :D

He will start working with a slung bottle next Sunday as well as shooting a bag in preparation for the actual deep dive.

jbd:
John--Have you found the dive plan for dive # 6? At least the part you know of:wink: I've got the "issues" part under control:D
I've got the dive plan, but those "issues" I can only imagine what that might be. :11:

jbd:
He will start working with a slung bottle next Sunday as well as shooting a bag in preparation for the actual deep dive.
Sounds like fun, I'm looking forward to it. This whole class has been allot of fun, even the "issues" :D

Wish I could be there! Just finished servicing both bc's and adding the
additional lp hose for this next weekend. Cut my finger lubing one set
of shears, oh well, I've got a week to heal. John, study the info I sent
you and let me know if you and K2 are going out this week, I should give
these bc's an after service test before going to Mermet.

Congradulations. I knew you would do great. You are progressing nicely. :D :D :D

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom