Jukung Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xtacie

Reaction score
Just returned from Amed and what an amazing vacation we had! All dive sites were easily accessible either from the shore or just a quick boat ride away. Lots of interesting critter action. I wanted to give a quick salute to Jukung Divers for making our experience so enjoyable. We did the VIP dive safari which included 11 dives as well as transportation to and from the dive shop and lunch every day. Bottled water was also available in the shop as well as provided at all of the dive sites. We were taken to a variety of dive sites and my request to do the Liberty earlier in the a.m. before the crowds showed up was granted with no hesitation. The transportation was always prompt, the equipment was in great shape, the service was very professional as well as personal and even the lunches were some of the best meals we had in Bali! We were greeted every morning by smiling crew and the owner Maarten checked in with us throughout the week to make sure everything was okay. A++ dive operation in every respect!

I also like Jukung Divers. By their own policy, they don't rent tanks and weights to qualified divers and by this same policy, Juking Divers do require their DM on every dive, regardless of experience. They are great guys with great service and have a great staff; and their food is really great, one of the best meals we had in Amed.

We stayed at the newly renovated bungalows at Jukung in Ahmed the first week of July, 2011. I had high expectations given this is a Dutch operation and although the dive operation was great, the restaurant was extremely disappointing. The accommodations were basic, but comfortable and reasonably priced. Unit #1 was awesome and the pool was nice and clean. However, they did not offer WiFi at the time of our stay and just about all of the other lodging in the area provided service. The restaurant was very disappointing with our first lunch being limited and our included breakfast consisting only of 2 pieces of toast, fruit, instant coffee and instant orange drink. We were informed that the chef was off and it was Galungan, so that is understandable, but the lack of a back-up was not and we expressed our dissatisfaction to the ownership. Lunch on the second day was much better than the first. We dove the Liberty wreck and the reef was spectacular. The shore dive entry and exit was a bit difficult but the DM did an awesome job with us. All equipment was included in the dive so all we needed were our PADI cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom