Trip Report Padangbai (Bali) Report: Geko Divers August '23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is really not acceptable to bring a diver with more than half a tank up after 40 minutes. I did two dives with a foreign- owned dive shop in PB some time ago. The guide tried to flog me Nitrox. I then found that my dive group comprised two very large gentleman who had about 30 dives each compared with my 900.

We did a quick swim around, the guide shot over ornate ghost pipefish and many more. We were up after 35 minutes because my buddies were low on air on both dives. If they had said I would have happily paid for a private guide. This is, thankfully, rare in Indonesia. And it should be because of the cost of flying half way around the world during our previous few weeks holidays.

Glad to hear that this is not normal practice in Geko.

I've never had a 22°C dive in Bali in any January's over past several years,... maybe at Manta Point but I don't think so
Don't know what to say about that.

You got lucky or I was unlucky

Hi Everyone, this is Rico the owner of Geko. Yes indeed i was on holiday when you were diving with us. It is unfortunate that these incidences occur when i am not around as i would have guaranteed this would not have happened. I have personally addressed the situation with all my dive guides and made it crystal clear that there is NO TIME LIMIT at Geko Dive. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and we do hope to dive with you in the future! You are always welcome to request me as your guide if you would like! I do love diving especially for Macro! The diving has been good recently even though it is rainy season! Vis is a bit low (15-20m) but water temperature is 28c. I wish you all a wonderful day.

The last time I was there, I dove with Kanox and had a nice chat with Cedric back in July 2022. How are they doing?

I’m going back to Bali in August 2024 with 11 of my buddies from USA. I’ll stop by & say hi if I get a chance.

Take care,
Dan

had a nice chat with Cedric back in July 2022. How are they doing?
Cedric is back in France, Rico's the almighty boss (not forgetting James, of course). :)

this is Rico the owner of Geko.
I'll probably stop by PB mid august, for a couple of days diving. See ya.

You and I had 19 degrees one day in February Chilly !
Yes, Tippytoes! It was a very cold water week but the diving was good, wasn't it. We had a good time together.

Yes, Tippytoes! It was a very cold water week but the diving was good, wasn't it. We had a good time together.

Got you all beat by a couple degrees, 17C at Manta Bay to see a couple Mola Mola at 40m depth.

IMG_2029.jpeg

IMG_2028.jpeg

IMG_2911.jpeg

Cedric is back in France, Rico's the almighty boss (not forgetting James, of course). :)

I met James. If its the same chap he was a commercial diver and also a tech diver. So was after that I made sure the last 2 days I did at least an hours dive. When I am back I will make sure I have longer dives. Normally I let my buddies decide and they are often happy with 75 mins. If just me and a guide I will stretch to 90 mins on shallower dives.

One of the best dives I had with a buddy was in Lembongan in Setptember 2022 we did a nice drift dive with the owner of the dive op and had a really good 80 minute dive. My buddy still talks to me about that dive.

You are always welcome to request me as your guide if you would like! I do love diving especially for Macro! The diving has been good recently even though it is rainy season! Vis is a bit low (15-20m) but water temperature is 28c. I wish you all a wonderful day.

OK you can guide me lol I hope to do some more night dives as I only did one.

HERMIT CRAB PADANG BAI.JPG

You and I had 19 degrees one day in February Chilly !

Was this dive in Bali? And was it a thermocline you encountered, or the dive was 19°C?

Because if so, a 19°C dive in February at Bali is 7-10°C colder than the average temperature of all Bali dive sites in February, including Padang Bai and Nusa Penida.

You could ask every dive shop in Bali, what are the chances of a 19°C dive in Febuari, and all will tell you 99% unlikely.

I'm just curious to know, because if there is a dive site in Indonesia that cold in Febuari, I'm keen to dive it in the hot season. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom