Juliet trip report (Page one)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic:
Good report. I haven't read page one yet, but am looking forward to it. My wife and I will be on the June 10 trip, too. We are really looking forward to it!

Edit: BTW, I now know who's going to be on the June 10 trip - 3 SB members from various parts of the western part of the US. And it isn't even a SB get together! :D

I'm one of those 3. I don't think it's coincidence. Just great minds thinking alike :D.
It's going to be fun.

Dive-aholic Do they limit the number of dives:
I never saw any attempt to do any diving before breakfast, and I got the impression that this is their routine. Of course, if your group feels differently, I am sure that Captain John would accomodate you. He seems very agreeable and reasonable. Woody

Very good. Yeah, our trip leader is planning on doing several dives a day. I think if he could, he would do at least a dozen a day. I think I may have to keep a short leash on him to keep us from having to head to land to drop him off at the chamber :D

I'm glad to hear that, though. I know a few of us on this trip are planning on 5-6 dives/day, at least to begin with. By Thursday, we'll probably be so tired we won't want to get in the water! :wink:

Thanks again, woody.

My husband confirms that he is definitely up for a pre-breakfast dive. So I guess we have a coalition formed.

I'm headed to the Juliet in just a couple of weeks. I'll pass your report along to those traveling with me.

scubamickey:
My husband confirms that he is definitely up for a pre-breakfast dive. So I guess we have a coalition formed.

Definitely. That's over half the passengers that want to splach pre-breakfast. Majority rules, doesn't it. :D

Dive-aholic:
I'm glad to hear that, though. I know a few of us on this trip are planning on 5-6 dives/day, at least to begin with. By Thursday, we'll probably be so tired we won't want to get in the water! :wink:

I talked to the office over the weekend, because my whole group is wanting to do more than 4 dives a day, and want to do early am dives.... the word I got from them is that won't be allowed. Which really sucks for me as I am doing cert dives for a couple of people on my trip, which means I will only get about 4 dives total without students :( We are going to be there Memorial weekend....when are you going?

Woody- do they have fishing and spearfishing gear on the boat or do you need to bring your own? If I can do a little spearing that might ease the hurt of only 4 dives a day :D

scubapolly:
I talked to the office over the weekend, because my whole group is wanting to do more than 4 dives a day, and want to do early am dives.... the word I got from them is that won't be allowed. Which really sucks for me as I am doing cert dives for a couple of people on my trip, which means I will only get about 4 dives total without students :( We are going to be there Memorial weekend....when are you going?

Woody- do they have fishing and spearfishing gear on the boat or do you need to bring your own? If I can do a little spearing that might ease the hurt of only 4 dives a day :D

Did they happen to say why? If I had to guess I would say that it's because, since they have such a small staff, they actually want to sleep before breakfast :D. I'm sure it has to be tiring caring for 12 passengers with only 4 people.

scubamickey:
Did they happen to say why? If I had to guess I would say that it's because, since they have such a small staff, they actually want to sleep before breakfast :D. I'm sure it has to be tiring caring for 12 passengers with only 4 people.

They didn't say why, but a friend who had been on the boat said they thought it might have been an issue with filling the tanks, but unless they have a really crappy compressor I doubt that is the case. Agressor does 24 tanks and you can still get in 5 dives with them, I doubt the juliet is having problems getting 12 or 15 tanks filled.

Well, their website states unlimited diving. I think I'll print out the page and bring it with. 4 dives is not unlimited. My suggestion is to not say anything, just dive like you want to. If they say something as you're gearing up for your 5th dive, then pull out the printed webpage.

Polly, I'm going on the June 10 trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom