July 1st Night Dive on the Capt Dan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:11: I haven't heard anything about this. Has anyone else heard this? I dived with this shop several years ago and didn't have a problem but things can change in a few years.

This is going to be a rather small group of people that for the most part knows eachother so I don't forsee any problem with leaving anyone behind. Besides if this is true the last thing the crew of the Ibis would want to do AGAIN is leave a diver behind.

I would think you would be OK, they'll probably count several times before leaving the site this time. Probably the safest time to go with them would be after something like that, assuming that they learn from their mistakes. And it always makes a difference when you're going with a group who would definitely notice if someone was missing. These two were the only ones on the boat that knew each other.

When they came up from the first dive, they were the last ones up and the divemaster asked them if there was anyone else down there. They said they didn't see anyone, and the divemaster then signalled the captain that it was OK to leave (no headcount on that one either). On the second dive, this couple was given the dive flag to take with them for the group. You would think that they would have at least noticed that it hadn't been returned. They used it to try and signal the boat, along with their safety sausages, but neither worked.

Hope y'all have a good dive!

Well, I won't know anyone on the dive. I'll just make sure I know which way land is. :D

I am going to start trailing one of those Olin boxes on a float when I dive. Handheld Flares, Handheld Smoke, 12 ga flares x12, Mirror,Air horn, protein bars, Fresh Water, and two cyanide tabs.

Although I guess I could just get a Epirbs and just pop that and wait for the Coast Guard. Hmm or better yet a HandHeld water resistant VHF in a pelican box and call SeaTow - - "Seatow, Seatow - this is lost diver - - I am drifting north in front of the Breakers about 1 mile out....I have my Visa Card with me.. SeaTow SeaTow"

LOL

Just get one of these 660' depth rated OMS canisters and put a few flares, a mirror and a whistle in it then carry it with you on the dive. You can even put your cell phone in it if you want. That's what I did. I don't carry it on every dive only night dives and deep tech dives. If I get blowen off the wreck because of a strong current or have to surface somewhere other then the anchor line I've got a way to signal the boat to come get me.

PadiPro - Well Kudos you win. I was out geeked. I was thinking about it and you actually did it so there you go here is your pocket protector and scientific calculator holder.

Eric

Better be a water proof scientific calculator holder cuz there's no more room in my OMS canister and you never know when you may need to figure out the square root of pi after a dive.

Well, the dive went off without a hitch! Absolutely beautiful!

PadiPro, ScubaDadMiami, and myself did a penetration down into the bowels of the ship. It was overcast last night and pitch black down below, even on the first dive of the evening.

Julia, Laird, Jeff (and his AOW student) did their thing.

Victor, it was nice to meet you and I'm sorry I couldn't do the dives with you today.

Neil and Aria did a great job crewing the boat last night. Lessons learned I'm sure.

See you all on the next dive,

Eric

mempilot:
Well, the dive went off without a hitch! Absolutely beautiful!

PadiPro, ScubaDadMiami, and myself did a penetration down into the bowels of the ship. It was overcast last night and pitch black down below, even on the first dive of the evening.

Julia, Laird, Jeff (and his AOW student) did their thing.

Victor, it was nice to meet you and I'm sorry I couldn't do the dives with you today.

Neil and Aria did a great job crewing the boat last night. Lessons learned I'm sure.

See you all on the next dive,

Eric

Eric, it was great meeting and diving with you and everyone else. I will definitely be back down soon.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom